Working out while sick?...

Ive been so sick the last couple of days sinus pain, contested/head cold but decided to go to the gym anyways.. I've been trying to keep to a routine so I told myself "you could do 30mins".. Basically I struggled to do 20mins of cardio.and thought I was going to die

Replies

• dsadd22
    dsadd22 Posts: 10 Member
    Bad idea!!! It wil drop your immunity and cause your sickness to last longer than it should.. Drink plenty of water and vitamin C and rest.. You can come back to the gym refreshed
  • asimms221
    asimms221 Posts: 22 Member
    Your sick, go drink some water and relax.
  • emcclain951
    emcclain951 Posts: 19 Member
    Awe.. Thanks guys that's what I thought but everyone is telling me its good to workout while I'm sick? Kinda made me bad if I didn't go..
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Please don't go to the gym sick. It isn't good for you or anyone else that goes to the gym.
    Stay home, take care of yourself, and ease your way back to the gym.
    Honest, you feel much better sooner than you actually are fully recovered.

Cheers, h.

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Please don't spread your germs at the gym. If you're so congested that it's impacting your breathing then don't exercise. Rest! Listen to your body! Yes, it's hard to get knocked out a routine but you'll get back on track once you're well. If you really feel the need to do something, take a walk around the block or do some light stretching at home.