Tgi fridays

Help just found out I'm going to tgi Fridays this evening, they have no nutritional info on their website. It all looks very bad for u! Any idea on the lowest calorie main which I can get there?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Their nutritional info is at a link at the bottom of the webpage
  • sooozi1
    sooozi1 Posts: 5 Member
    Only on the USA website, there's nothing on the UK one
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited January 2016
    The UK doesn't do nutritional or calorie information.
    Here is the reply in their FAQ:

"We don’t publish specific calorific content, but all Fridays meals come with the Five Easy Pieces Promise – if you would like to swap your fries for vegetable or salad, just ask as we’re happy to adapt any meal to suit our guests tastes and dietary requirements."

Find something you like and go with a simple version. Grilled chicken, burger in lettuce leaves instead of bun, salad or veg instead of fries.
    All dressings and sauces served on the side.
    You could do a comparison on the USA menu for approximate calories.

My favourite if stuck with an unsuitable menu is a spinach salad, grilled prawns, dressing on the side and no garlic bread. It is usually a doable meal in most restaurants.

Cheers, h.

EDIT; oh I feel for you. I have just read the menu. It would hold no appeal to me no matter what my weight goal was. Go for the salmon, without the JD glaze, and veg or salad. Good luck. If you don't like salmon the burger no bun, or chicken hold the glaze. Cooked in glaze is ok-ish, it is the ton they toss it in before serving that can be avoided easier. h.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    We just went there last night (Texas here). I'm not sure if they have the inserts, but ours had a few meals that were in the 450 range. If the UK menus are similar, possibly use the US data?

Anyways, I got the bourbon chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes (I had the calories. They suggest a tomato mozz salad instead). Fiance got the same, but with the mahi mahi and above mentioned salad. The mahi mahi was around 210 calories, the broccoli 50, and the salad 110. But I'm sure you can either ask for no sides, or get a double of broccoli.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Check out the pre loaded menu items already included by other MFP'ers to get an idea. There are a few in there.

Word of warning if you order any kind of steak, burger, or meat item - they season the living hell out of it!!! The steak itself (if you eat it - I don't) will be reasonably ok and easy to add, but the problem is what they coat it with. Ask them not to, otherwise the steak will be double your daily sodium allowance for the day before you've eaten anything else. That alone will make you bloat for a day or to.

Ask them to back away from the friggen salt bucket when they are making your food :)
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Go out and enjoy yourself for the night and don't worry about it too much. one night out is not going to derail you. Live life.