Looking for type 2 diabetic friends!

Options
If you're a Type 2 diabetic, recently diagnosed or in the beginning stages of trying to get your numbers down, send me a friend request! Would love to chat, share ideas, etc.!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Not at diabetic but family members are. Good luck to you.
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes almost two years ago. I lost nearly 40 pounds but recently gained back about 10 pounds, so am trying to lose it again. Got a bit slack with avoiding sugar so am back to being strict again. Feel free to friend me if you want :)
  • Vinternacht
    Vinternacht Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not diabetic but it is in the family and I carry weight round my middle. Just read dr. Mosley's new book about reversing and preventing type 2. I started the diet 3 days ago and it is going very well. An inspiring book. Friend me if you would like a sympathetic dieting buddy
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a T2 who has lost a fair bit, with 30lbs still to go. I couldn't figure out how to friend you on the app.
  • Terri8732
    Terri8732 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes last week. Have been put on metformin and told to take losing weight on a low carb diet seriously. Very confused about what I can and cannot eat. Bought a Mediterranean diet cookbook, which includes some recipes with pasta, sausage and sugar -- would have thought these items are no nos, though the calorie count on these recipes are quite low. Is it all about cutting carbs, bad fats and sugars, and eating in moderation?
  • luv2nap1
    luv2nap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have been type 2 for 7 yrs now. Its tough at first, my DO NOT starve yourself as I did. You can enjoy ALL
    the same good stuff, but the key is MODERATION. And your A1C will follow.smile smile Add me as a friend and we can always chat.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    This is doable. I started taking my diagnoses seriously in July 2015. Started with ano a1c of 8.7 and as of the end of January it's 5.4. I've lost 94lbs! Friend me. Diary is open and I'm active.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistant for almost a decade, T2 for a decade, and now in remission after significant weight loss and surgery.

I've taken enough diabetic classes to fell a bull moose.

The key is balance; no spikes. Eat on a schedule, eat a variety at every meal. You are essentially taking over a job that for most people is taken care of by the pancreas.
  • mrmike460
    mrmike460 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have type 2 diabetes for a few years. For the first few years didn't do anything A1C was 11. Now I take my insulin and am trying to lose 100 pounds as nd gradually exercise.
  • kst69
    kst69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    This is doable. I started taking my diagnoses seriously in July 2015. Started with ano a1c of 8.7 and as of the end of January it's 5.4. I've lost 94lbs! Friend me. Diary is open and I'm active.

Amazing. That is terrific. Do you take anything? What are your morning fasting blood sugars running if you don't mind me asking.. I am new to this and the whole thing is so frustrating.