I have a problem :(

Options
I'm so addicted to the number on the scale .. How do I stop focusing on the scale says and more on my body!!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    First start by realizing that the scale number is meaningless sometimes.
    Person 1 weighs 123lbs
    Person 2 weighs 153 lbs

Person 1 has a high body fat percentage and has loose hanging skin, rolls and flab.

Person 2 has a lower body fat percentage and has abs and is tight and toned looking.

Person 1 weighs less but doesn't look better ! Person 2 weighs more but looks fit and tight!

Nobody can tell what your weight is by looking at you. So which person would you rather be? Person 1 may weigh less but certainly doesn't look better!

The scale doesn't tell the whole story. Other factors matter just as much or even more. People that are only concerned about lowering the scale numbers often don't realize that their bodies won't end up looking the way they had hoped. Its not worth getting wrapped up in worrying about the scale number.
  • kaylaboysell13
    kaylaboysell13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! that helped a lot!!! I'm starting to realize the number on the scale doesn't mean as much as I portray it to mean!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Forget weight. Measure % Body Fat instead. That's what matters!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @thorsmom01 is right. The scale is something I struggle with as well. f0dlp7actux5.jpeg
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself once I was into the healthy BMI range and started focusing on other goals like how my (much smaller clothes) fit, how fast and far I can run, the depth of my yoga poses, how much I lift.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the scale. I hate them, since they are a terrible representation of your actual condition.

For instance my sister is four inches shorter than me, five or six sizes smaller, and we weigh close to the same, because I'm quite lazy about strength training, and she is devoted to it.

Measuring your waist, hips etc is a better gauge of if you are losing fat.