Addicted to Peanut butter

Options
Anyone having problems putting down the peanut butter spoon ? I don't understand when I was heavier I never ate peanut butter and now that I slimmed down all I want to eat is peanut butter.

Flustrating..

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I can't have it in my apartment. I eat powdered peanut butter every day though.

What is your fat intake like?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just make sure it's the natural kind that's natural, and not the garbage with hydrogenated fats that is still being sold for some reason. Also, some have sugar added which seems useless.
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pb2? It's not exactly the same, but its pretty good... It's not as sweet as regular peanut butter so sometimes I add a packet of splenda to sweeten it up a bit.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every day. I just fit it in my calorie count.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Probably your body being low on key fats and nutrients, peanut butter being an excellent source of both. I often crave steak or other meats when I haven't eaten much protein that day
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is linked to cancer because of molds. Use Organic Almond butter instead.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I LOVE peanut butter. Such sweet creamy goodness. :) I hate that it is relatively high in calories for such a small portion! I have a PB&J or a slice of toast with PB on it just about every day. Measure it out, log it accurately and if it fits in your calories no problem.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it's the natural kind that's natural, and not the garbage with hydrogenated fats that is still being sold for some reason. Also, some have sugar added which seems useless.
    I think you may be confusing partially-hydrogenated oil with (fully) hydrogenated oil. The former contains trans fat, the latter does not. That's why peanut butter (and most other products) have it, even with a ban on the partially-hydrogenated kind taking effect next year.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    @sheermomentum Really? I had no idea. None. Never heard or read that before.
    To make sure I understand: fully hydrogenated is ok?
    I don't know if typing the @ sign and your name beacons you, but I hope so.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I go into the jar with one of those scoops with a lever. I have a 1 tablespoon one. Then I level it off. One scoop is 100 calories. There is no 'peanut butter spoon' anymore.
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Look for the jar of peanut butter that has an ingredient list like this: peanuts. Or take a palm full of raw peanuts and throw them in a coffee grinder and make your own fresh peanut butter.....yummy!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I can't have it in my apartment. I eat powdered peanut butter every day though.

What is your fat intake like?
    Powdered PB?!? So, no Jif in the casa?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter every day. :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

I officially like Sarah.

• Serah87
    Options

LOL
  • Serah87
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »

I officially like Sarah.

;)
  • Suziejudd
    Suziejudd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems putting down the peanut butter spoon ? I don't understand when I was heavier I never ate peanut butter and now that I slimmed down all I want to eat is peanut butter.

Flustrating..

I have been craving it a lot also use to never eat it.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just ate some toast and peanut butter. I love it. I eat peanut butter several times a week. I do not eat it with a spoon though because I know that would end with me eating a bazillion cals of peanut butter. I just plan to put it on toast, make a peanut sauce for stir fry, add it to a shake, put it on pancakes etc. that way I get my serving of yummy peanut butter without messing up my day. Peanut butter it actually something I find really easy to fit into my day. But, there are things I've learned I will go over on, and I either have to plan to eat 1500 cals of or not have it in my house, chips for example, I can not usually have in my home.
  • KELLYCREV
    KELLYCREV Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem it was my go to snack in the afternoon at work on an apple or some ritz crackers. It was hard but I replaced it with a better protein snack with less calories. You can do it find something that satisfies your snack craving.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have it everyday on toast. And sometimes just by the spoonful. Yum. I also just got a huge jar of "naked pb", it's just powdered, no sugar or anything added. I like to add that to my banana smoothies. In the beginning of my weight loss journey I was not able to have a jar in the house. So glad I've learned moderation.