UGH! BAD weekend!

Options
Hey all, I'm needing a few encouraging words today...
I've had a bad weekend! I've been stressed to the MAX & my eating has proven it. I want SO badly to stay with loosing weight - but then life sticks it's ugly head in it & I get all messed up.....
*SIGH*
I started with a fresh page today & so far have been doing well, but can't seem to get the umph up to exercise....

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

Replies

• apdoxies
    Options
    Hey all, I'm needing a few encouraging words today...
    I've had a bad weekend! I've been stressed to the MAX & my eating has proven it. I want SO badly to stay with loosing weight - but then life sticks it's ugly head in it & I get all messed up.....
    *SIGH*
    I started with a fresh page today & so far have been doing well, but can't seem to get the umph up to exercise....

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i just posted this morning almost the exact same thing. I finally got up and did my workout video and i feel much better. more awake and energetic. so don't think about it just do it !! LOL have a great day:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go exercise that is just the umph you need to feel better - you'll be proud of yourself for doing it and it really will help motivate you to stick to it. We all have bad weekends, and thank goodness for Monday when we can start fresh again. I didn't exercise for two weeks during the holidays and it was so hard to get back started but it just took that one time and I realized how much it made a difference in my stress level and how I felt that I'll never take two weeks off again :)
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We've all had a bad weekend now and then. We just have to remember that tomorrow is always a new day !!!!
  • Jenniebee10
    Jenniebee10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had a horrible weekend as well, you just have to get back into a routine and try again.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible weekend to :( I got on the scale yesterday and gained 1/2 pound. Yesterday I went for a two hour walk trudging through the snow (twice as long as my usual) and I hopped on the scale today and up 2 pounds! I'm like WTF? So today I'm doing laps at the pool for at least an hour to make myself feel better. I was so encouraged after my 7 pound weight loss after only 9 days. Looks like I will have to work even harder to keep it up.
  • skinnybliss
    skinnybliss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whenever you have a bad day/weekend, you MUST brush it off and get back on your routine AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Ruminating about your small failure will drive you into a full-blown downward spiral. You put it behind you, because it takes MORE negative mental energy to beat yourself up and relive all the bad stuff you ate, than it does to actually get up and walk for 45 minutes.

My trick for those days of "getting back in the saddle?" Put a movie I have been really dying to see in the DVD player and jump on the treadmill. One hour FLIES BY!! or save a really juicy magazine for your exercise time. You are so engrossed, before you know it, you've burned 300 calories. I also find when my mind is occupied, I endure longer distances at higher speed. It is no problem to for me to do 3.7 o the treadmill for 30min when I am watching a really good movie.

Get back in your routine and don't give your weekend another thought!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Adorabe Pup! Get back on track! You can do it! Remember if you fall off your healthy eating... Don't wait until the next day to get control, do it in your next meal. Otherwise you can do some serious damage 4-6 wieght gain in one weekend.. or Worse. I started eating 2 snacks, one between breakfast and lunch, and One either before Dinner or by 7pm. But this is a very light snack prior to 7pm... like rice cakes, one ounce of baked chips etc. Don't forget your 8 glasses of water.. Don't go too far beyond that/ my nutritionist told me you flush out nutrients. Also when you feel hungry between your meals and snacks. DRINK one glass of water and get busy doing something. Your body hopefully was thirsty. (It's been working for mel) * Also if you are going to a party, out to dinner. Make sure you eat something first to avoid a " pig out " and gain control of your appetite. I haven't fallen off the wagon for 6 weeks! I get out of control if I have sweets... Usually it takes me 3 days without any white starches, sugar, white bread, flour etc.. Then my cravings end. I kicked but to lose 25 lbs prior to joining. I gave up a lot of hamburgers, ribs, and my Margarita's... But all worth it to go down 2 sizes and feeling better.
    You can DO IT! You are in CONTROL! God Bless!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Whenever you have a bad day/weekend, you MUST brush it off and get back on your routine AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Ruminating about your small failure will drive you into a full-blown downward spiral. You put it behind you, because it takes MORE negative mental energy to beat yourself up and relive all the bad stuff you ate, than it does to actually get up and walk for 45 minutes.

My trick for those days of "getting back in the saddle?" Put a movie I have been really dying to see in the DVD player and jump on the treadmill. One hour FLIES BY!! or save a really juicy magazine for your exercise time. You are so engrossed, before you know it, you've burned 300 calories. I also find when my mind is occupied, I endure longer distances at higher speed. It is no problem to for me to do 3.7 o the treadmill for 30min when I am watching a really good movie.

Get back in your routine and don't give your weekend another thought!

You are exactly right!
  • gwind1920
    Options
    I had a horrible weekend to :( I got on the scale yesterday and gained 1/2 pound. Yesterday I went for a two hour walk trudging through the snow (twice as long as my usual) and I hopped on the scale today and up 2 pounds! I'm like WTF? So today I'm doing laps at the pool for at least an hour to make myself feel better. I was so encouraged after my 7 pound weight loss after only 9 days. Looks like I will have to work even harder to keep it up.
  • gwind1920
    Options
    I understand the weight gain part!!! I too had a HORRIBLE weekend. I we to my inlaws for a Fish Fry and to sorority meeting on Saturday. Needless to say I was WAY out of compliance. Despite that I lost 1.5 lbs.... Go figure. But I have gained in the past and its uaually when I do weight training or have that "water weight gain" at certain times of the month. Dont get discouraged.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the bad weekend aka bingefest.
    It's a new week. Let's start again!!
  • klmccl05
    klmccl05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read these posts! I struggle every weekend it seems like. Today is just dragging and the last thing I want to do is hit the gym. Especially since I gained back 2 pounds in the last week. I feel more motivated now after hearing of others success. Thanks for the support!!
  • apdoxies
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I made wise food choices for breakfast & lunch. I'm already feeling 'back in the groove'.
    Next thing to tackle....exercise!
    It's nice to hear I'm not the only one w/ weekend struggles! THANKS!:wink:
  • apdoxies
    Options
    Adorabe Pup! Get back on track! You can do it! Remember if you fall off your healthy eating... Don't wait until the next day to get control, do it in your next meal. Otherwise you can do some serious damage 4-6 wieght gain in one weekend.. or Worse. I started eating 2 snacks, one between breakfast and lunch, and One either before Dinner or by 7pm. But this is a very light snack prior to 7pm... like rice cakes, one ounce of baked chips etc. Don't forget your 8 glasses of water.. Don't go too far beyond that/ my nutritionist told me you flush out nutrients. Also when you feel hungry between your meals and snacks. DRINK one glass of water and get busy doing something. Your body hopefully was thirsty. (It's been working for mel) * Also if you are going to a party, out to dinner. Make sure you eat something first to avoid a " pig out " and gain control of your appetite. I haven't fallen off the wagon for 6 weeks! I get out of control if I have sweets... Usually it takes me 3 days without any white starches, sugar, white bread, flour etc.. Then my cravings end. I kicked but to lose 25 lbs prior to joining. I gave up a lot of hamburgers, ribs, and my Margarita's... But all worth it to go down 2 sizes and feeling better.
    You can DO IT! You are in CONTROL! God Bless!

Thanks! That's my 'stud muffin' Jimmy Dean (yes, named after the sausage).
    Thanks for the encouragment!!! I sure have needed it today, but I'm determined to do better!!!:smile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Weekends are becoming a problem for me too. I decided that for the New Year I was going to curb my spending, so I'm trying to stay home more. But, when I'm home, I have access to more food and even though I'm not hungry, I'm eating. I know it's because I'm bored but I thought I was past this emotional eating nonsense :sad:

Not sure how to fix it yet. I'm hoping that it's like addiction....the first step is to admit and recognize the problem.

good luck!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    we all have bad days and weekends (or 30 years) and it's tough to get the motivation do move past old habits. just try your best, and you'll make it through.

i know for me, i'm not going to exercise (other than walking) for at least the first few months because i need to focus my energy on the eating (which is 80% of the issue for most people anyhow). once i get that under more control, i'll start increasing my exercise, lifting weights, etc. just be proud of yourself for what you have done thusfar and please don't beat yourself up about a bad weekend. we all know what happens when the negative self-talk starts... it's a recipe for overeating for sure.
  • apdoxies
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You've brightened my day & given me back my confidence that I CAN DO IT!!!