Banking calories?!

Options
I've seen some people say they bank uneaten calories for days when they want to eat more. Is this okay to do? I've been a fair bit under my calorie goals the past week and a bit and I sort of fancy a night off with a pizza or something. Thanks in advance for any advice given x

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do it.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do this a lot so I can indulge on the weekends.

You can use the phone app to see how many extra you have. Tap on More>Nutrition you should see your weekly deficit.

~Lyssa
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes. To lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit at the end of the week. String weeks and weeks together to continue losing. Some people eat at maintenance or even a surplus a day or two out of the week and lose. Find what is sustainable for you.
  • DaniellaaLouise
    DaniellaaLouise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Yep! I do this a lot so I can indulge on the weekends.

You can use the phone app to see how many extra you have. Tap on More>Nutrition you should see your weekly deficit.

~Lyssa

Ah brilliant thank you! I'll check it out now :)
  • DaniellaaLouise
    DaniellaaLouise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yes. To lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit at the end of the week. String weeks and weeks together to continue losing. Some people eat at maintenance or even a surplus a day or two out of the week and lose. Find what is sustainable for you.

Ooh okay good thank you for the advice :)