Hey guys!

Options
happyashlee
happyashlee Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Ashlee and I am 30 years old from Dallas, Texas. I am a food addict. I hope there are others out there who have to manage this as well. Sometimes when I tell people that they look at me like I have just told them something funny. They don't understand that food is my drug of choice. That I binge when I am alone. I eat thinking about what I'm going to eat next. I wake up and go to sleep thinking about food. My whole day consists of food, what and when I will eat, what can I binge on while no one is looking, will they notice I am on my third plate of food? One day I woke up and decided enough was enough. My new addiction was going to be working out and eating healthy. Don't get me wrong, every day is still a struggle. Every single second is a struggle. I have my bad days (yesterday was a prime example: I'm a stress eater and it was a hard day at work so I made several unhealthy decisions) but I'm proud to say that in all, I have lost 30 pounds. I still have 50-60 pounds to go but I'm getting there one step at a time. I started using this app way after I started my weight loss journey but I found that journaling my food makes me more accountable. I'm hoping to make some friends along the way!

Keep up all the hard work! Chin up, buttercup!

Replies

• naomi12162016
    naomi12162016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great!!!! Add me!!! :)
  • NathanFord312
    NathanFord312 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with binging for as long as I can remember as well. I'll send you a friend request so that we can support each other.
  • gohawks1988
    gohawks1988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am an emotional eater. I had a rough start to my week this week (all is better now) and I was all ready to emotionally eat but I was able to stop myself.