rewards to yourself?

Options
mnmomto4
mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
Hello everyone! I am so happy to announce I am only 1 pound away from the 50 pound loss mark!!! It has taken me two long years to get there with some months of completely falling off the program. But finally this big number is so close! I have been trying to reach this number for about a year. I decided to join WW 3 weeks ago because just following mfp I had hit a long long plateau. I still record what I eat in here because I am obsessed and I want to know how WWs program compares to mfp. Honestly I am eating a little less but not too different :) But Weight watchers got my scale moving again. I am only 1 pound away from my 50 pound goal loss and only 15 pounds away from my all time goal!!!!!

So people who have seen success. Did you treat yourself when you reached a certain number or every 10 pounds? I used to treat myself to a present every 10 but I have not done it recently because it has been too gradual and too up and down. But that huge milestone of 50 is just too close not to celebrate!!!! My gift has to be done in a couple hour period, no kids, close to home obviously, and probably not more than $100. I don't want it to be clothes since I am so close and I don't need anything right now.

So give me your ideas! What did you do as a reward for your weight loss? Also did you do it every 10 pounds? 15? Goal? etc. Thanks.

Replies

• JudyKenova2016
    JudyKenova2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would make it fun and do a night at the mall and tell yourself you have $100.00....get whatever you want! Gets lots of different things or one big thing. Have a nice coffee and eat a light meal at the food court :)

Or you could go do something unusual for yourself....sled ride and have hot co co & massage afterward at a lodge!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    At 30 lbs I got a haircut.

At 57 lbs (my first real goal) I got a baby (the goal was to TTC when I hit a certain weight)

Now it's all about personal satisfaction and clothes, lol.
  • caednkat
    caednkat Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've rewarded myself every 25lbs. Two rewards were new Tervis cups to encourage me to drink more water. Having a fun cup to drink out of really helps me. Then one was some new rings to wear in place of my wedding band (that didn't fit at the time.. but it does now).

I need to do something Big for 100lbs (at 83 right now). So I'm plotting and planning for that now. As slow as it's going right now I have a while to plan.

I try to go with things that motivate me to keep going. Although, I'm toying with the idea of dying my hair when I hit 100lbs. I've always wanted to but never had the nerve to do it. My hubby wouldn't be happy but if it's horrible it can always be changed.
  • meggers316
    meggers316 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 25 pounds and then get a tattoo to reward myself. I promised myself that when I hit my goal, I will reward myself a new truck
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I never did anything...for me, it's all a continuum. Hitting some number on the scale was never a really big deal to me, it was just one small aspect of my overall health and fitness. I've never thought of it as arriving at my goal because my goals go way beyond some arbitrary number on the scale and they're always changing...I'm always trying to be better than I was yesterday.
  • ladyzakis
    ladyzakis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have 30lb to lose, and am going to reward myself for every 5lb loss with a new make up item. My make up collection is ancient and boring, having been a poor student for 3 years, so it needs some restocking with nice things. I have already bought my first item (a berry red Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick) which will sit on my dresser and will me on because I'm not allowed it until I get to my target. Can't wait to have some new bits!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a massage every 10lbs!! Being pampered is just lovely and is so relaxing.
  • cashewsareyum
    cashewsareyum Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hit a goal and I got my old laptop fixed as a reward because I wasn't sure it was worth fixing with all the other bills that had to be paid and I'm so glad I did. I'm coming up on my 2nd goal and I really want to get a sewing machine but we'll see. Maybe I'll take dance classes instead since that's also on my list of potential rewards. Usually they are things I always wanted to do but kept putting off in favour of adult responsibilities.
  • haquigley
    haquigley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I reward myself every 10 pounds with an hour long massage. It feels like a nice way to honor my body, it is relaxing and some great me time and there are tons of health benefits to massage that I believe aid in my weight loss journey.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I got new panties when I hit my first mileage goal and new running shoes when I hit my second. My goals are tied to working out so I stay motivated.

So awesome being so close to your ultimate goal...you go girl!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I go about every 5 lbs now, used to be every ten lbs, it's just harder now after 68 lbs down. I've gotten fitness equipment mostly (weights, bike, elliptical, kettle balls etc,) I've gotten myself nice jewelry. I'm going to fly a plane when I hit onderland... Not too much longer now! I think this journey is long and hard and I want to treat myself with things that help me stay on the path, as it were. I'll always have something aside from all the awesomeness of weightloss and health, to look forward to. I'm looking forward to maintanance and planning/ doing my recomp along with those new goals that go with it.
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Since you're so close to goal, maybe go get a massage or facial or both - then do a big clothing splurge when you hit your goal. Cuz buying new clothes in a smaller size is fun, fun, fun!
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have hit the 50 mark now so I do need to come up with something. Many have given me ideas of a massage but I am weird and can't relax during them. But I am thinking maybe getting highlights in my hair. I never do it. Busy mom to 4 ages 6, 4, and twin 2 yr olds! But I think it is time I did something to make me feel pretty. Plus those 4 kids have given me my first grey hairs too. LOL. Time to cover those babies up so I can look the way I feel, much younger than I am.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm almost there too! I lost 96 lbs many years ago, and when I hit the 50 lbs lost mark, I bought myself a really sexy black silk piece of lingerie!

I also like the idea of a Pandora charm bracelet. Alternatively, a different piece of jewelry or a watch. Or you could go with something fitness related like a Fitbit or workout gear, new shoes, etc.
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I put $5.00 per pound lost in a jar and am planning a huge shopping spree when Im done. Not looking at prices...just buying what I like and looks good on me. Have already lost 72 pounds and have 50 more to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!