how did YOU find out about MFP?

Options
for me it was through Parents magazine. it said free weightloss website. i was hooked.

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter for my phone,lol now i hardly ever use it on my phone anymore
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have a FB friend who had hers connected to MFP and I got right sick of seeing all that spammy crap on my FB feed.

... so then I joined all incognito like. I definitely don't want those nosy FB F'ers to know I'm on here.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't remember! :noway:
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Looking for a calorie counter on my iPhone....SO glad I did!!
  • alwaysbrandie
    Options
    From one of my favourite, oldest,. and dearest friends EVER!!
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended it.
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My sister found the app on her iPod.. so I signed up too!! I'm sooo thankful my sis found it! Today marks the day where I've lost 30lbs! Yay!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    someone on babycenter suggested it
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a FB friend who had hers connected to MFP and I got right sick of seeing all that spammy crap on my FB feed.

... so then I joined all incognito like. I definitely don't want those nosy FB F'ers to know I'm on here.

I totally share things on MFP that I would NEVER share on FB!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Co-workers. There is a bunch of us who are former Weight Watchers and now we are MFPals!
  • KarenStapler
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie count of some oatmeal I had here at work. The doctor had just put me on a 1200 calorie diet and I was about to start counting calories. This site was a blessing to find, and gives me the ability to plan a little better when choosing food. I enjoy being able to see my progress over time as well.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Looking for a calorie counter on my iPhone....SO glad I did!!

^^^^^^^^
    This....
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My beachbody coach dropped this site and the sparkpeople site. I liked this one WAYYYY More!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I can't remember. I used to do a lot of drugs.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Found it through a friend on FB. I'm getting slowly weaned from that site! lol
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had just got me a new Android & was looking up free apps to download. Since I had been trying to loose weight, I thought I'd look for a free calorie counter app. Then, POOF....like magic, low and behold there it was, MY FITNESS PAL! I downloaded it on my phone and a week later I downloaded it on my laptop. I've been using it ever since. =)
  • MindyLynn77
    MindyLynn77 Posts: 126
    Options
    My Sister :) Shes lost 42lbs since January!!!
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    RV.net, it's a website for RV'ing...someone had a good experience and told everybody about it. I checked it out and was hooked.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    My sister! And my niece....and my other sister!!!! We're taking over!!! We have a tendency to do that! I'm trying to get my mom on here too! And I my daughter will probably join after she has the baby!