230lb 5'5" -------> need to lose 100lbs..but happy with 50lbs

Options

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 228. I'm down to 160. I'm still attempting to lose weight and doing well thanks to MFP.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Started at 245 in November, down to 212 this morning. You can absolutely do this. Log everything you eat, preferably before you eat it, and stick to your calorie goal. Exercise will help but is not 100% required. Filling up on high-fiber veg will help control your appetite, but you can eat anything as long as you reduce the portions to hit your calorie goal. Don't worry, your stomach will shrink, surprisingly quickly. It's amazing how often someone here says, "I was eating twice as much as I needed, but now I'm fine with the reduced amount." I read a book last fall that said, "I love food, too, but when you've finished filling up your car's tank with gas, do you start pouring it into the back seat?" Stop when you've had enough. You'll eat again tomorrow. All the food isn't going to disappear if you don't eat it this instant, even if the primitive part of your brain fears famine for the village in the coming days.
  • tinakkudy
    tinakkudy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 235 and I'll take what I can get. Very motivated this time because of a friend's wedding and because my husband is very fit and occasionally seems bothered by my lack of motivation but for the most part is loving and supportive. We both deserve better. Add me...more friends the merrier.
  • Amya2998
    Amya2998 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started the beginning of January at 254. I've already lost almost 14 pounds! I also need to lose about 100 pounds but am starting with 50. My initial goal is to lose that first 50 pounds by my 40th birthday in the middle of July. Feel free to add me!
  • M0nay07
    M0nay07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started the beginning of January at 254. I've already lost almost 14 pounds! I also need to lose about 100 pounds but am starting with 50. My initial goal is to lose that first 50 pounds by my 40th birthday in the middle of July. Feel free to add me!

Wow congrats on losing 14lbs already
  • soxirishfan56
    soxirishfan56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sandi4711 wrote: »
    Started at 270# (I'm 5'1") and am now at 142. You've totally got this! And if you need some help along the way, let me know.

Sandi that is an amazing loss!! Great job!!
  • soxirishfan56
    soxirishfan56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. At my heaviest I was 250 lbs, which is a lot on my 5'7" frame. I'm down to 170 now want to get down to 150.
  • M0nay07
    Options
    Started at 245 in November, down to 212 this morning. You can absolutely do this. Log everything you eat, preferably before you eat it, and stick to your calorie goal. Exercise will help but is not 100% required. Filling up on high-fiber veg will help control your appetite, but you can eat anything as long as you reduce the portions to hit your calorie goal. Don't worry, your stomach will shrink, surprisingly quickly. It's amazing how often someone here says, "I was eating twice as much as I needed, but now I'm fine with the reduced amount." I read a book last fall that said, "I love food, too, but when you've finished filling up your car's tank with gas, do you start pouring it into the back seat?" Stop when you've had enough. You'll eat again tomorrow. All the food isn't going to disappear if you don't eat it this instant, even if the primitive part of your brain fears famine for the village in the coming days.

Thank you soooooo much..just what I needed to hear..And big congrats to you
  • M0nay07
    Options
    Malzbell wrote: »
    I started at 230 and now im 111, you can totally do this! it takes time but its worth it and losing 50 pounds is prefect start :)

That is so amazing
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm about 240 at 5'5" right now, have already lost over 50, and wanting to lose another 100. Feel free to add me!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
  • sarahegan181
    sarahegan181 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm at 208, I lost 40lbs last year but then had major burn injury and wasn't allowed to lose weight during healing. (Actually had to consume 3,000+ calories per day for the skin to heal.). Now I am back 5 months later and am ready to get down to 130 where I was 5 years ago. The doctor has ok'd me to resume my weight loss! So tired of not being able to move freely. I'm 5'6" and I'm carrying around a 78lb backpack all the time. But what I figure is that doing all the exercise I am doing will pay off cuz when I get down to my goal weight, an actual 30lb backpack will feel like nothing on the trails! Or so I'm hoping :)
  • soummer
    soummer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "All the food isn't going to disappear if you don't eat it this instant, even if the primitive part of your brain fears famine for the village in the coming days."

omg that's exactly how i feel. i have NEVER been so poor that we truly had no food, but the feeling is still there.

I started 5 days ago at 265, my highest ever, today at 260. My ideal weight is something like 130 (yeah right) but i too would be delighted with simply getting under 200. My honeymoon is in just under 3 months, and seriously all i want is to be able to enjoy it
  • jcovert6272
    jcovert6272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting at 295. Wanna be down to 220. Looking for support and help buddies
  • katwill3005
    katwill3005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 5 days ago as well at 237, my first goal is 182, although I might get there and decide I want to lose more but anything's a start I suppose! I'm 21, 5'5" and live in Cumbria, UK. Would love anyone to add me as a friend to try and keep me on the straight and narrow!
  • bkg1209
    bkg1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1.. Started at 241...down to 231 now. I am breaking my goals into smaller sections so that it doesn't seem so overwhelmed. I would like to ultimately be done to 150 or so, maybe less. Would love to be friends.
  • jewels742016
    jewels742016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 172lbs and preparing to change my diet and lifestyle now. I want to lose at least 42lbs - if u can make it to losing 50lbs that would be fantastic as it would take me to my pre pregnancy weight of 132lbs. I plan to take it in stages. Would be nice to work together through the what in sure is going to have ups and downs. Good luck .
  • soummer
    soummer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    soummer wrote: »

I started 5 days ago at 265, my highest ever, today at 260. My ideal weight is something like 130 (yeah right) but i too would be delighted with simply getting under 200. My honeymoon is in just under 3 months, and seriously all i want is to be able to enjoy it

Made it through the weekend and a party without gaining, woo hoo!
  • Jenfromtheblock84
    Jenfromtheblock84 Posts: 140 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    5'5, I started at 280lbs. I'm 237 now so still a little heavier than you now. Realistically I'm trying to get to 197 by October 1st as I'm taking my kids to Disney World for the first time. I'd like to be 180 so I'm going to keep pushing harder and harder. We can do this! Everyone can add me if they need an accountability buddy.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 215, hoping to lose 75 pounds before a European vacation in October. I'm down 8 in the last three weeks. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)