I'm ready but hubby's not and my kid won't touch my food.

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Tina and I'm ready to lose weight!! I had a child, quit smoking and got a desk job. SOOO I've gained over the years. I am happy to eat better and eat less but my husband would not be happy with my portions/choices and I don't want to cook different food for all of us. In his opinion, if he wants to go vegetarian, he'll eat chicken. What's your opinion....is eating less of the comfort food better than cooking 3 meals for 3 tastes? Looking forward to a new start.

Replies

• Tearshia
    Tearshia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Best you can do is cook whatever they want, then cook for yourself, but i you must eat what they eat then eat smaller portions and sneak in healther options like substitute coconut oil for butter and cutting back on sugar.
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am happy to eat better and eat less but my husband would not be happy with my portions/choices and I don't want to cook different food for all of us.

Men usually need quite a few more calories to maintain their weight, compared with women. So it would be kind of unreasonable for you to expect him to eat the same portions as you.
    For whatever you're cooking, you could give him a higher portion of the meats/carbs that he likes, and dish yourself up a smaller portion with a big salad to fill you up.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    They eat what I eat. I just eat much less. With that, I haven't done anything crazy like making tofu meatloaf. I cook mostly the same as I always have.

I have never let kids tell me what they will eat. They learned early that I don't think going to bed hungry is the end of the world because they didn't want to eat what I made for dinner.

They will get used to it and you will get used to eating less too.