I need HELP!!!!!!!!!

Options
I think that I have a serious problem! Okay so I haven't said anything about this to anyone so don't be to hard on me but I just need to vent! I have been so good the past three days and yesterday I just about broke down. I wanted something bad for me so bad I could hardly stand it. It was really bad I was just so sad and it made me mad because I didn't understand why I was pouting just because I wanted something bad for me. I didn't give in and I just went to bed instead but I don't get why this happones to me. I will be good all day and then just bam out of no where I need that what feels like a "fix" but in the form of food! What is wrong with me. Do I need to get help for this because it's all I think about when I'm on my diet. Now don't get me wrong I don't deprive myself but I want things that are fried and just really bad for me. Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one!

Replies

• Kbrain228
    Options
    I think that I have a serious problem! Okay so I haven't said anything about this to anyone so don't be to hard on me but I just need to vent! I have been so good the past three days and yesterday I just about broke down. I wanted something bad for me so bad I could hardly stand it. It was really bad I was just so sad and it made me mad because I didn't understand why I was pouting just because I wanted something bad for me. I didn't give in and I just went to bed instead but I don't get why this happones to me. I will be good all day and then just bam out of no where I need that what feels like a "fix" but in the form of food! What is wrong with me. Do I need to get help for this because it's all I think about when I'm on my diet. Now don't get me wrong I don't deprive myself but I want things that are fried and just really bad for me. Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one!
  • cellorocker
    Options
    Oh, no.
    You are surely not the only one.
    I had the same problems when I first started.
    For example, I went 2 whole weeks, and then WHAM, I broke down. I wanted something SO BAD.
    It was uncontrollable.
    It's almost an addiction.
    I learned, I could work on an assignment from one of my classes, or go run.
    The best thing for me was to take a walk to the park, with 2 bottles of water, and just hang out there.
    After awhile, the craving goes away.
    Trust me, it's hard, but you have to persevere.
  • christahollis
    Options
    You're absolutely not the only one.
    Everyone has those moments...some of us have them more often than others...but everyone does.
    The thing that I'm sort of getting is the idea that you feel like you really are depriving yourself because you're not giving into the cravings. And that frustrates you, and makes you mad at yourself. Everyone has those moments.
    All you can do is work through them the best way you can--if you fall off, get back on, and don't beat yourself up too much over it.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Did you used to be a nighttime eatter, you know watch tv and snack kind of person? If you were, like many of us, it is just your body wanting to know WTF, where is my junk. You need to train your body mentally and physically. If you eat on a schedule for, well probably forever, your body will grow to look for "fuel" at those times.

example, eat 5-6 small meals a day and eat them as close to the same time as possible everyday, never going more than 4 hours without eatting something. I eat at 7, 10 , 12, 3, 6 and sometimes a snack at 8. When and if I have the 8 snack it is usually fruit or and apple and peanut butter something that is going to fill me without too many calories and have a bit of sweet. If you are a salt snacker you may want to have some crackers and cheese or an apple with salt ( I do that one too).

You are doing fine, this takes baby steps sometimes. Habits take on average 13 days to stick, some others say it is 21 days. The point is to get yourself on a schedule, your body is used to you feeding it all the time and with random stuff, now you need to tell it that you are going to eat at certain times. It doesn't mean you can't have an off day or a bad day but it is key...oh and LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!
  • melelaine
    melelaine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with you. everyone has these. Sometimes nothing will cure a craving, but what it is you are craving. It is ok to indulge a little. If you are craving cookies, go tot he store and buy a pack that has a small amount, like 1-2 or like the 6 pack of oreos. No one is perfect all the time and if you let the craving get out of control, you are more likely to indulge in way too much.
  • NJBeachgirl
    Options
    No, your not the only one for sure. I can do so well for a few days then bam out of nowhere I'll get an intense craving, sometimes I give in. And then actually feel sick from what I ate, and it wasn't even that much. Or at least not as much as I used to eat. Then that actually helps me move on and do better cause I remember how what I ate that day made me sick. I try to save so calories so that I can have a filling healthy snack like yogurt or cheese and crackers at night, then I don't feel as deprived. A rice cake with a little low sugar jelly helps too. Good luck .
  • NJBeachgirl
    Options
    No, your not the only one for sure. I can do so well for a few days then bam out of nowhere I'll get an intense craving, sometimes I give in. And then actually feel sick from what I ate, and it wasn't even that much. Or at least not as much as I used to eat. Then that actually helps me move on and do better cause I remember how what I ate that day made me sick. I try to save so calories so that I can have a filling healthy snack like yogurt or cheese and crackers at night, then I don't feel as deprived. A rice cake with a little low sugar jelly helps too. Good luck .