Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    A coworker. [:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My sister found the app on her iPod.. so I signed up too!! I'm sooo thankful my sis found it! Today marks the day where I've lost 30lbs! Yay!!

Aww congrats on your 30 lbs loss. That's awesome.

I found MFP through a Google search. I was looking for online food diaries. The rest is history! :happy:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    In a documentary of some sort, can't remember the title, there was two ladies trying to lose weight and they were using the website in front of the camera and then I tried out of curiosity.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My iPhone app. I didn't even know about the website for like a month. I just used my phone in the beginning.
  • Cassielfsw
    Cassielfsw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter on my phone and found it in the Android Market. I mostly use my phone for the tracking stuff, I come to the website for the forums. :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter for my phone,lol now i hardly ever use it on my phone anymore

This.

Then I found out what their was a forum too. I remember when I joined their was like 100 members, not it seems like it has 100,000 members.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    through a google search for a calorie counter!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter for my phone,lol now i hardly ever use it on my phone anymore

This.

Then I found out what their was a forum too. I remember when I joined their was like 100 members, not it seems like it has 100,000 members.

I wonder how many members it really does have. Is there a way to find out?
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    a friend on fb posted it just as her status that a friend of hers used this site and anyone looking to lose weight should try it out. It was a God send for me because just the day before I read that was when I decided to start losing weight. I could have never done it without this site. Seriously.
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I was looking for an online weight loss helper / calorie tracker and this was the first program that didn't try to sell me an "upgrade" to a "full version".

It was pretty irritating, there were several that advertised themselves as "free" and then when you plug in your information you find out that one or two features are free, but the rest (the useful ones) are available as part of a "premium plan" with a monthly fee. I was just about to give up on finding one when I came across MFP.

And I thought the name was funny.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My hubby told me about the App!! :smile:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My trainer.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I know for sure I read about it in a magazine....just can't remember which one!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Android Marketplace - best. find. ever.
  • tinkerbek
    tinkerbek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This awesome friend of mine told me about it. Her and i have been trying to lose weight together forEVer. She had some success with it and loved it so. So I decided to give it a go and try it too. And I'm having some success too! yay for MFP and for my awesome bestest friend... who was...oh! it was YOU! ;)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Google. I was searching for a calorie counting website that would let me build my own recipes.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a better calorie counting site than Livestrong, found the app on my Droid. Ended up liking this place way better! Adios ****srong.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    A girl at work mentioned it. I downloaded it on my phone one day. Wasn't all that crazy about it since I hadn't been to the website and met all the great people. Didn't go back.

Months later, I wanted a phone app for calorie counting that also had a website. Looked through my phone - and low and behold, MFP had both.

Now I'm hooked.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    My fiance's facebook friend is on here and he clicked the link to see what it was about suggest we join.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i found it as an app on my ipod touch