Anyone My Size Want To Post Successes?

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Hey Guys,

I'm a month and a half into this life change and I was wondering if there is anyone out there my size that can show me what I am hoping for can be done!

I am 5'9" and started at 188 lbs.
I am currently 179.5 lbs.
My goal? 135 lbs.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and down to 178 as of today. I'm hoping to go to between 155-165 though. 135 sounds a little light for your height but that really depends on your bone structure.

The important part is to take it slowly so that you lose slowly so that you can maintain at a healthy weight :D
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    There's a website for that.... trying to remember the name of it....
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'9''. I started at 191 and goal is 155-150. I'm now 178. I was once 143 and looked a little ill and boyish, but i guess it does depend on your structure and ideal shape.
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i am about 5'6
    Started off 178.5
    now I am 168 as of a week ago and I am still looking to get to 155.
    WE can do It!!!!
    Great Job you guys
  • radioloren
    radioloren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am also 5'9", and I don't know how much I weigh exactly, because the number on the scale always upsets me, so I don't have one. However, I have a pretty good idea...and it's in the ballpark of what you weight. I currently wear a size 10 in clothes, and when they get tight, I know I've gained, when they get loose, well, I know I've lost :). I was a size 8 all of my life, and I'd like to get back to that, and eventually a nice size 6 would be ideal! I'm hoping to drop about 30 lbs. So far what I have been doing is keeping my daily caloric intake under 1500, and I've been using my treadmill 1/2 hour 5 times a week. I can see a difference already, my hips are slimmer and someone at work said they noticed I was losing weight!! Hooray! I started this journey on 5/31/11. If I had to guess, I'd say I've lost about 4 lbs. so far? I don't have the scale to confirm that, but I can see a difference. I think if you stick to a similar plan, you'll be in a good place and will reach your goal weight! Good luck, I wish you much success!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I am flexible on my goal weight if it is unhealthy, but as of right now, I feel that it is realistic. I remember weighing 135 in the past. But, as I said, if it isn't healthy or realistic then some changes need to be made. 135 lbs is in the mid range of a normal or healthy BMI for a person my height.

I am feeling ok about my progress. I had one up week but it was after a vacation and it was only 1 lb. I figured that wasn't all that bad.
  • farmwife80
    farmwife80 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". Started at 182 and am now at 164.5 (4 months in). It has been an awesome trek. I do exercise some but I am not over zealous about the exercise. Tracking the food intake has been the key for me....I am a grazer and that needed to STOP! I eat what I want at meal time and record the calories. I love salad and that is a good thing but I don't limit myself to salad if I want something else. Just tracking the calories....it is a must.

My intake goal each day is 1,200 calories....I have a desk job so lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle during the day.

My goal is 150. I was at 130 in my younger years....between 20 and 30. But now that I am 48 I think 150 will be a healthy spot to be at.

Best to you! Friend me if you want to. I'd like that!
  • farmwife80
    farmwife80 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to get my CW number changed...even though I was the one who changed it to 174.5. I am at 165.5 now!!!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options

It's www.mybodygallery.com and it is brilliant!!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes! I need to bookmark that! Thank you!!!

It's www.mybodygallery.com and it is brilliant!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!