Breafast ideas

Options
I have finally got a routine for lunches on the go but I am having such a hard time with breakfast. I feel like I end up stopping every morning just for a bagel or croissant which aren't even healthy. I'm thinking maybe a yogurt, piece of fruit and some almonds? I try not to eat dairy because it messes with my stomach. I need something quick and easy as I am extremely lazy in the morning.

Replies

• Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm same as you. morning is my worst part of the day but I normally have oats, with milk and I add honey just cos of the sweet taste and the protein shake.
    But u don't like dairy so maybe ommlete with spinach or maybe wholemeal toast with peanut butter and banana...
    With yogurt some are high in sugar, so for example if your having yogurt and banana your looking banana roughy 22g of sugar, yogurt maybe 14g of sugar that's 36g overall.. Some might say its natural sugar from the banana but sugar is sugar your body can't tell the difference...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    On the weekend just make a frittata or an egg bake. Mine end up around 150 calories for 1/4 of a frittata or 40-50 cals per muffin

Pictured below are a cabbage/bacon and BLT (with spinach instead of lettuce).

In the morning I just warm a slice.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Those eggs look delish......I hate the taste of egg yolk I wonder if I could do it with egg whites?
  • rachiedor
    rachiedor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Banana and nut butter on a multigrain sandwich thin?
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Instant steel cut oats. 2:15 minutes to cook while I'm getting ready. 170 calories with 10g protien. Because they're steel cut they're not gluey like other instants.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Steel cut has that much protien by itself
  • NOWHEREGIRL55
    NOWHEREGIRL55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Spread some peanut butter on a banana or rice cake. I've even put soy yogurt on my rice cake and some blueberries or bananas.