Calorie deficit

Options
So I'm a female approx 56.5kg 160cm, eating a calorie deficit of 500 cals (I aim for 1269 a day) and working out 4-5 days a week including treadmill HIIT (interval training) - I'm wondering how much weight should I be losing per week?

I appear to only have lost 0.5kg in 3 weeks. I'm 3/4 kilos off my ideal weight, could this be why? Help. I feel like I'm stuck in a plateau.

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You should be losing about 0.45kg per week at those setting, as long as you're accurately weighing and measuring your food.The closer you get to goal weight, the more careful you have to be with weighing and double checking entries for the correct nutrition and calorie info.

Weightloss could also be masked by water retention from strenuous excersize or sodium.

I'd say double check your logging first. Then move on to other possible causes.
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    Do you eat back any of your excersize calories?
  • ricolifee
    ricolifee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    Do you eat back any of your excersize calories?

No I don't track my exercise calories-so don't eat them back. I weigh my foods.... Maybe I should lower my calorie intake - but I'm sure I'll be starving!?
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    Definitely double check your enteries. For example, I was using an almonds entry that was off on both its fiber content and calories (ironically it was the only entry I didn't double check)

How often do you weigh yourself? Your weight will naturally fluctuate. Weighing everyday can help you track the fluctuations and see the trend. Some people can fluctuate quite a bit, so that could be masking your loss.

Also weightloss isn't linear and you haven't stalled completely. A plateau is usually no weightloss for 3 weeks.

If you're comfortable with opening your diary to the public, people will be able to give you much better advice as to what might be going on.
  • MikaImadime
    MikaImadime Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my calorie count usually is under 1000 calories per day...carbs are usually under 50 per day...the only thing that is usually high is my sodium but I still don't go over the recommended amount...I exercise at least a hour 6 days a week and Im still not seeing good results on the scale...is there any advice someone can give me
  • ricolifee
    ricolifee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    Definitely double check your enteries. For example, I was using an almonds entry that was off on both its fiber content and calories (ironically it was the only entry I didn't double check)

How often do you weigh yourself? Your weight will naturally fluctuate. Weighing everyday can help you track the fluctuations and see the trend. Some people can fluctuate quite a bit, so that could be masking your loss.

Also weightloss isn't linear and you haven't stalled completely. A plateau is usually no weightloss for 3 weeks.

If you're comfortable with opening your diary to the public, people will be able to give you much better advice as to what might be going on.

I weigh myself everyday and only usually see a 0.2kg fluctuation. Thanks for the advice, I will tighten up my logging as much as poss and see how I get on. Thanks for the reply.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The less weight you have to lose the harder it is. I would advise you to aim for lower body fat percentage at this point, and not the weight it self.
    Focus on how your body feels and looks, instead of looking at the numbers!
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get down to that weight