Frequent relapser looking for motivation and support!

Options
I am not new to myfitnesspal however i have had a long break and i desperately need some motivation and support and i offer the same to you. Please add me if you are looking for a friend to help you. I am getting so depressed at my current weight but i don't have a lot of encouragement around me.

Replies

• Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I need some accountability!
    :)
  • chocolatedori1
    chocolatedori1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel the same feel free to add me :blush:
  • skupien1991
    skupien1991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! Just don't get discouraged!
  • KirstyMoo11
    KirstyMoo11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Currently going strong with the exercise and diet! first time I've stuck to one so looking for every ounce of motivation!!!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I also have done a lot of starting and stopping. These 3 weeks are probably the longest I've stuck with my weight loss though.
  • doozerbob
    doozerbob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Frequent re starter here also :neutral: feel free to add me everyone, I could do with all the encouragement I can get!!
  • chuck6w
    chuck6w Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've been at the same weight for a year. Started MFP again about a week ago and finally making some progress. I would love to encourage you as you move towards your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • kymbo1226
    kymbo1226 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm there in the same boat. Could really use some support and motivation. I've had great success in the past on MFP and expect nothing less again this round. I'll be on here daily! Feel free to add me and ask for some motivation!
  • triciejj1
    triciejj1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here I started this journey last year around the same time and I relapsed and haven't been on track since but I'm starting again feeling determined to overcome this obstacle... You are not alone
  • brandy142
    brandy142 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. Feel free to add me.
  • cmejia99
    cmejia99 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Also looking for motivation and accountability. Had a baby 9 months ago and have only lost 10 of the 65lbs I gained. Every week I start a diet and by midweek I give in.
  • ashley2285
    ashley2285 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can empathize with you aeriepie89. I have finally logged in for 20 consecutive days today, realizing this is the first time I've ever stuck around this long. Often I give up in a week or 2 because I don't lose weight, but more so I think because I've only ever had 1-2 friends and neither of them consistently used MFP or held me accountable/offered support. This time I've added friends (people I don't know) and it's been wonderful to feel the support as well as to encourage others along their journey as well! I only recently realized that I was shorting myself on all the benefits of MFP. It's much more than a food diary if you choose for it to be.We're all here on this same journey! I'll add you as a friend and please let me know if you need anything!
  • drpserrano
    drpserrano Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too... I don't get what's wrong with me!!! I log in the food start going to the gym loose some weight I feel I'm doing great then I loose motivation. There's always an excuse like work or that I'm tired... But I can't give up! I need to get rid of at least 30 pounds so I can only keep trying. I'm hoping to learn something different that will help me stay on track I just don't know what it is yet.
  • mjessee2
    mjessee2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friends! Never done the community thing before so not sure how to add, but I'm also looking for a support group to keep me on track!
  • aeriepie89
    aeriepie89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Apologies for not replying to messages I've o ly just realised I had replies still getting used to the app! I will add you all and we can help each other on the way. It is better to build people up that to knock them down and I am happy to help you all. Just having more friends encourages me to log healthier meals. Onwards and upwards for all us re-starters let's make 2016 the year we keep going!!
  • bbbDancer
    bbbDancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also could use the community.... and I've never used that part of MFP either.... what steps do I need to take to add friends?
  • loveperfectly
    loveperfectly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys. Seems I can start this journey but always get discouraged and stop. I definitely need motivation and someone pushing me that's in the same boat as me. 2016 has to be the year for me. Feel free to add me too :)
  • JulieLHarris
    JulieLHarris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP, lost 72 pounds in 10 months and sadly gained it all back. Been back for 3 weeks now and looking for friends that make their food diary available to view. It really helps me to see what other people are eating so I get new ideas. Please feel free to add me! Thanks!
  • dmeringolo19
    dmeringolo19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I too can sympathize… Been gaining and losing the same 40ish pounds for almost 10 years. I'd like this to be the last time!!!! Anyone who wants another accountabili-buddy please add me :)
  • Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I too struggle. I find everything about losing weight difficult. From figuring out the calories in what I'm eating; trying to comprehend how the hell ppl have time to measure it all or want to... Started last April and failed.. I need to lose at least 50 and it is awesome watching others succeed I just wish for once it would be my *kitten*...