Days where you just want to eat everything?

Options
So I've been good for 33 days. I've stayed at or under my 1,600 cal goal, i've lost 14 pounds in 1 month... and today I kind of want to eat a whole pizza, and maybe some brownies, and cheese curds.... and well.... anything else I think of.

Anyone else deal with this? I am going to probably eat an unhealthy dinner... and get back to the grind tomorrow.. Maybe it's just PMS. lol

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yep. PMS does it for me. Heck, you could probably fit quite a few slices of pizza into your deficit-or you could just eat at maintenance for a day! Just log it :)
  • uzovka
    uzovka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I deal with that feeling "i want to eat" almost every day. And it's not because I'm hungry. Sometimes I give up and eat much more than I'm supposed to. (Few days ago it was more than 1000 cals over my 1390.) Luckily it didn't stop my weight lose.
  • Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I make healthy versions of all the junk that could appeal to me, so I consider every one of my meals dessert anyway.

It's like I have dessert 2-3 times a day, every day, all year long.

Easy way to avoid temptations that'll take me south.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky not to have that happen very often. Being more hydrated tends to help.

Instead of going on a whole-hog binge, why not pick one of those things and either incorporate into into your calories or eat at maintenance for the day?

For example, with 1600 calories to spend, you could certainly have a couple of pieces of pizza for dinner. By it by the slice, share it with others so you don't eat the whole thing, freeze the excess or just throw away what you should not be eating.
  • a4chase1
    a4chase1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen to me as well. Especially around my cycle, however I found that it wasn't the amount of food that got me. It was what I was eating that made me feel more hungry then anything. I realized that after I kept a one month journal and saw a nutritionist. Then I made replacement food choices; such as an apple vs eating a bag of chips or two awesome chocolate chip cookies. After about a week I didn't have that weird craving anymore to keep eating everything. I also kept myself active, projects, walks outside, stuff that would keep my mind off of food. Stay strong in mind and body.
  • lozkent
    lozkent Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You're lucky it's a day!! I have a week where I just wanna binge on everything possible
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have been like that today, too. But I have been in a deficit and only lost 4 this month. :neutral: Cheese curds? Canadian?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lozkent wrote: »
    You're lucky it's a day!! I have a week where I just wanna binge on everything possible

Yeah...mine is more than a day too. Plus it happens when I'm ovulating as well.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes.

It's not even a matter of incorporating it into a maintenance day--I could if I wanted-- I just want to stuff my face like a sinful glutton sometimes.

I try to remember how I'll feel afterwards if I go through though.
    I usually have a day like this every once in a couple months. I think it resets a mental diet thing cuz I crave healthy eating right after.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in a month is a pretty dramatic weight loss. Is this what MFP suggested for you? It's nearly double what the maximum rate is suggested to be (2 lbs/week). Are you eating any exercise calories at all? I'm glad this is successful for you, but I'm worried, too, because that kind of extreme hunger will also happen when you've been eating at far too large a deficit.

Also, if you're going to eat a whole pizza, may I suggest visiting Pizza Ranch? The buffet pizza with a thin crust is really good.. and they run 110-160 calories/slice.

pizzaranch.com/images/uploads/general/Nutrition_Pizza_Oct_2015.pdf
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been like that today, too. But I have been in a deficit and only lost 4 this month. :neutral: Cheese curds? Canadian?

Minnesota. Lol
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    14 lbs in a month is a pretty dramatic weight loss. Is this what MFP suggested for you? It's nearly double what the maximum rate is suggested to be (2 lbs/week). Are you eating any exercise calories at all? I'm glad this is successful for you, but I'm worried, too, because that kind of extreme hunger will also happen when you've been eating at far too large a deficit.

Also, if you're going to eat a whole pizza, may I suggest visiting Pizza Ranch? The buffet pizza with a thin crust is really good.. and they run 110-160 calories/slice.

pizzaranch.com/images/uploads/general/Nutrition_Pizza_Oct_2015.pdf

This is my first month. I do not exercise and mfp Suggest 1600 cal. So that is what I eat.