Messages to myself

Options
I was just thinking I would start making notes for myself to help me stay motivated and on track. For example, in the freezer I would put a note that says something like "eat the veggies not the ice cream!" or something along those lines. And maybe some notes on my mirror in the bathroom telling me that I can do this. I was just wondering if anyone else does this and if so, what kind of notes you use.

Replies

• Melanie_xox
    Melanie_xox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    that sounds cool! I've had the idea of doing letters to myself for each milestone or moment of weakness. like a letter say for when you want to give up or your going out with friends somewhere and you know the temptations will be high.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I do that. My friend actually gave me these little removeable window stickys that also work on the mirror..
    They say things like "you are beautiful" , "Keep your focus", You will reach your goals"... and I have them posted all over the mirrors in my bedroom, bathroom, and on the fridge as well...

I don't know where she got them..but I love them and they help A LOT...every time I read them...I repeat whatever I am reading to myself several times and then feel better...
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've never actually written any for myself, but my teen daughter left "back away from the cookies" in the cupboard for me and "this will go straight to your hips" in another cupboard.
    I did have some fat photos of me on the back of the cupboard door in a sports bra and shorts....until a neighbour saw them and I was so mortified I ripped them down!
  • nancy4b2g
    Options
    Hi Taryn,

What I did is put up a picture of me when I was thin. With a "you can do it" message. I also have a picture of Matthew Macaunahay -- LOL. That is a great idea about putting notes in the frig. I will try that. Thank you.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is an AWESOME idea! Great way to remind and motivate yourself to a healthier lifestyle and great choices! :o)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have one. only one.

"There's nothing wrong with being the total package. You are allowed to be that amazing and not have to apologize for it."
  • robydoll1
    robydoll1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Positive affirmations. I've done this before also. Post it notes that would read.... I feel and look great at my goal weight. I am healthy and strong. I feel my body getting fit when exercising. I enjoy walking my dog. When you read it, feel it....actually feel it. Your subconscience doesn't know the difference. And it will happen.