Health Levels Good...even though overweight

Options
My height/weight ratio would put me close to obese at 199, but I do lift a lot so I know I'm muscle and not just fat. I only care about my weight due to a bad back. (less weight, happy joints). I'm just glad my blood work came back good...cholesterol, glucose etc. and glad at 44, I'm not on any meds. I rather be overweight-fit than skinny-unhealthy. Anyone else in that category?

Replies

• KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's me. (Well - except that I ended up with high blood pressure more than a year AFTER I had lost all my weight. Otherwise, my numbers are still excellent.) But I have to say that there IS a difference in how I can move when I am smaller. I didn't think the difference would be that drastic, but it is. If you are happy where you are at, that's OK. But don't sell yourself short, either. Only you know if you are trying to rationalize. I still, and will always, struggle with my weight, and I'm not where I would like to be (currently at least 20 pounds more than I'd like, the lower weight of which is still on the heavy side). But now that I've felt the difference, I can't tell myself that same thing anymore.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm still technically overweight (was obese) and my blood work came back showing some problems with my liver. Not sure how to explain it, my english isn't that awesome.. anyway, I lost 16 kg and this time everything came back just perfect. :smile: So I may be overweight still but I am more fit than ever. Also lifting, btw. :smiley:
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I continually work on health, nutrition and exercise, and my real goal is to not be on any medications when I get older. I know if I'm impeccable with my nutrition I will drop more weight. I am still fitter than I was at 25 but I'd like to get closer to when I dropped my weight at 38. Since I'm 44, it sure seems like my body likes this set point and not a lighter one!! Keep at it ladies! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My focus is on health...but I prefer being lean and fit and healthy. I'm overweight by BMI, but I'm about 12% BF.
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy at 12% bodyfat! :)
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I was at 44. I think it was around 48 that some of those numbers started to change.
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm obese but fitter than I've ever been, even when I wasn't overweight. I run 5k 5 days a week, at a 630 am gym session followed by weights and other cardio (1.5 hours in total). In addition I do 3/4 class exercise sessions a week and walk whenever I can. My daily calorie burn averages 3200cals and I'm looking to lose some extra pounds so am in a calorie deficit at the moment. It's funny when people look at you and just assume you're unhealthy but you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!