Losing 1lb a week

Options
chinny88
chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
Ok so I'm eating pretty much what I want when I want within my calories, because I'm scared if I don't I will lose faith in losing weight. I'm 14 stone and want to lose 2 stone by my wedding in 7 months. What can I do exercise wise, free/cheap and fun :)

Replies

• chinny88
    chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This should state iv been losing 1lb a week but could do with losing 2
  • celliewonder
    celliewonder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YouTube videos! Zumba, dancing, etc
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    try Leslie Sansone dvd's -- she does walk-aerobics, which are great for winter when its too cold for outdoor stuff. You can find many of her videos on youtube for free if you don't want to spend money on the DVDs.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone as well.

You might try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's available for free and has the advantage of creating muscle while burning fat. Because muscle is more compact tissue than fat, your clothes will fit better even if you weigh the same amount. There are lots of groups on here that provide support to keep with it. I found that it was an efficient use of my time and wish I had kept up with it. I did not do the eating plan, just the exercise.

What kinds of things do you like to do? Dancing? Hiking? Chasing small children around the playground?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Run!

And a pound a week is a great weight of loss if you have 28lbs to lose
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Deleted post. I misunderstood your question.

One pound a week is great. Keep it up!
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is good. I've had my goal set to 1lb a week and I've lost about that for the past 15 months. Don't feel the need to rush yourself to lose weight. It shouldn't be a temporary fix but rather a change that you'll be able to keep to even after losing the weight.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the "eat what I want when I want within my calorie limit." It's enough to meet the calorie limit. You don't have to try to hit a dozen other goals simultaneously: what about my carbs? what about this? what about that? If you get used to the fairly simple change of eating smaller portions, and maybe adjusting the portions so that there's more broccoli and less cheese, that's a change you can adopt for the long haul. What most of us couldn't do for the long haul is obsess over 100 different metrics every day, even assuming most of them matter, which I strongly doubt. If they're interesting and you're fine-tuning, fine. If they're a burden, ditch 'em.

Getting used to an exercise routine is good, too, not just because it makes the calories easier to control, but for your general health. I find that part slightly more challenging as time goes on, with a tendency to think up reasons for rest days. But I'm way ahead of where I was a few months ago, when daily exercise wasn't even on my radar. Aside from true medical rest days, I've played hooky so seldom that it really feels weird to contemplate it now. Whatever we do for a few weeks in a row starts to feel like a necessary part of life. Skipping the gym for any reason now feels as wildly luxurious as deciding to spend all day in a bubble bath.