Need some help/advice please

SparklyButterflies
SparklyButterflies Posts: 17
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I weigh in on a friday each week. When i lost 2 1/2stone a few years back i would then allow myself to eat what i wanted fri night and saturday. These days i weigh in on a fri and then eat what i want fri, sat, sun etc. Thing is i dont feel good about it, its become habit to eat 'bad' foods that i havent had during the week. Have just sat here with a huge bowl of ice cream and ate so much i now feel terribly sick. But i feel bad because i so badly want to loose weight but i seem to lack motivation. Does anyone have any advie of tips as to how to not pig out after weigh in.

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Unfortunately, there aren't any easy tricks for this. Everyone is very different, so I don't know what will work for you, but personally I have had trouble in the past when I forgot why I wanted to lose weight in the first place. I'd get too pleased with the progress of a couple pounds and tell myself that I deserve a break, or that I really deserve to slow down or something. Getting rid of that mindset has helped me IMMENSELY and reminding myself over and over that it's worth it.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    One idea: Don't weigh yourself anymore. Wait until you go to the doctor's to be weighed (or if that's just too infrequent, just weigh-in at home once every other month).

Another idea: Stop allowing these cheat days. They don't seem to be working for you. Instead, allow yourself to go like 200 calories into the red twice a week (or whatever) in order to indulge a little bit. That way you won't feel so deprived and go overboard and your overall calorie intake will still be much lower than what it is now with these binge days.

Good luck!

-LP
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Don't buy junk food. then you will not be tempted to pig out on it..Also think of it as you did such a great job loosing why do you want to put that ice creme in your mouth to gain it back..you work hard don't ruin it..put a picture on your refrigerator, your bathroom mirror and on your treadmill of your dream body..keeps you focused!

Good Luck~ :flowerforyou:
  • thanks for the replies. Have thought of the photo option so may do that. As i was typing my reply i just realised i was using my son as an excuse. He's 3 1/2 and i was just typing saying i felt bad that he didnt have choc/crisps/ice cream etc cos if its in house then i' eat it. BUT he likes the snack a jacks i buy, eats the carrot cake oat bars you can get for toddlers and isnt overly fussed about ice cream. Defo need to change my whole perspective of things. I have a holiday booked for May next year so am going to set that as my target. Think i weigh try and only weigh one a month but may do my measurements more often. Also i need to drink more water too x
  • Another option would be to weigh in on mondays instead. I think it helps keep you motivated when you are tempted with the "weekend cheats"
This discussion has been closed.