Who eats clean and is your diary open ?

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I need to eat clean I'm so used to eating processed food like oats so simple porridge as it feels me up that I feel eating clean will help my weightloss & ibs
Any nice person who eats clean 90% of the time can I see they're diary for meal ideas as having a family of 5 I'm on a budget

Thanks

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    No.
    Yes.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "Eating clean" has zero effect on weight loss. To lose weight, you need to consume fewer calories than you burn. Period. The quality of what you eat has no bearing on it.

Eating nutritious/unprocessed foods vs eating what is commonly referred to as "junk" food can, of course, have an effect on your health and could be helpful with regard to your IBS. But having an effect on weight loss? Nope.

If you want to "eat clean" for your health, go for it! But don't expect it to have any miraculous effect on your weight. You can gain weight eating nothing but fruits, veggies and whole grains if you eat too much of them.

PS--I am a "nice person", even if my advice isn't what you wanted to hear. :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    No.
    Yes.

Exactly this!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with oats. If they fill you up, no need to avoid them.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Eating clean doesn't necessarily help IBS. Many vegetables/fruits/wholegrains can also trigger symptoms. You need to follow a low FODMAP diet, plus avoid additional trigger foods.

You should work on an eating plan with a dietician.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    ThankYou everyone

I have FODMAP book I probably need to do this counting calories
  • Orchid4mom2
    Orchid4mom2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to eat clean so if you want please add me..
    Anything we eat affects our health so if we eat clean we don't need many supplements and who knows what for kind of medication...(exceptions to the rule)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    No.
    Yes.

Exactly this!

+3
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Anything we eat affects our health so if we eat clean we don't need many supplements and who knows what for kind of medication...(exceptions to the rule)

Not only is this not a rule, it is inaccurate.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Not true.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I eat dirty. Mmmmm.
  • Kalimytona
    Kalimytona Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have an open diary, i just try and stay under my calories and eat as balanced as my budget allows. Im open to adding people because like you I too like to see what others eat and get an idea and how many calories it is.