how much exercise should you be doin

Options
i have jus started this plan- how much exercise do u all do?
i like running- but how many times a week do u fink i should be goin

Replies

• ar6701
    ar6701 Posts: 2
    Options
    i met this trainer guy at the gym and he told me to get the best results that i should run for atleast 25 mins a day for 5 days a week. Hope this helps:)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You know your body best! How much/often have you been running?

Running is high impact, so for your joints' sake, I'd say no more than 4 times a week... But it depends. My dad used to go running 5 days a week, 5 miles a day, and I know there are people who do a LOT more than that!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't know about running but I try and walk ever day for between 40 and 60 minutes.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Cardio can be done 7 days a week - they suggest "at least 5"
    Weights - there are so many "arguments" as to which is ok lol - but you should rest at least a day or two before working "those" muscles again - you can also do Cardio on the same day as strength training, but I try to split them up some (an hour or more apart) because I've recouped enough to burn more with the cardio that way :)
  • vcktyrr
    vcktyrr Posts: 27
    Options
    i was goin about 4 times a week for about 20-30 mins but i gave up but im guna start the running again next week
    i fink il aim for 4 times a week again
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    5 days a week for an hour a day if you can get that much in. Alternate between cardio & weight training.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I do a Insanity/P90X Hybrid workout throughout the week and run about 3-4 times a week...