Healthy Super Bowl snacks?! Help!!

Options
I have been on this program for a week and I am doing well. However I was just invited to a Super Bowl party and I am so worried about blowing my diet with all the snacks around! Any ideas for healthy snacks I can bring to share but that still taste good??

Replies

• kwcportland
    kwcportland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • skinnyfatman959
    skinnyfatman959 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What I am doing is doing my best to stay under my calories until superbowl sunday. Then at the party I am going too. Thst will be my cheat meal. Cheat meals are good every once in while
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You could also get in an extra workout or brisk 30 minute walk that day before the party to get more calories to use as an extra precaution.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You can't ruin your diet with one day. I follow my plan most of the time, but on one-off events like holidays or a Super Bowl party, I just try not to overdo it.

You could bring carrot, cucumber, and celery sticks with an onion or avocado dip so you have some veggies to chew on as a distraction. Make sure you always have a glass or bottle of water in your hand to help limit mindless eating and alcohol. But you're going to want to learn how to enjoy yourself at social situations that center on food - so practice enjoying yummy food without mindlessly stuffing yourself. Take a nice long walk in the morning and get right back on plan the next day. Have fun!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You can't really blow your diet in a day...it's just a day and pretty irrelevant to the bigger picture.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Broncos are in the Superbowl so I'm going to bank 200 calories everyday the week before so I can stuff my face that night.
    Go Broncos.
  • haninesloss
    haninesloss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On vacation this year, I ate high calorie meals for almost a WEEK. Got back home and checked myself and I was pretty much the same weight. Don't sweat it.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love football... my Cardinals ALMOST made it but palmer choked.. anyway the superbowl is a special day filled with food friends and booze. for me its a day i will likely go way over, i plan to bank calories, move on and do good the next day.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fill up on vegetables first like cucumbers and hummus or celery and salsa and then indulge in a few treats :)
  • hukimama
    hukimama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love ham asperagus roll ups! You buy deli sliced ham, thick sliced (I like the prepackaged rectangle slices) spread each slice of ham with fat free cream cheese( room temp works best) then roll up 1 or 2 pickled asperagus stalks in the ham slice. Refrigerate for several house. Just before severing I slice each roll up into 1 inch piece. It makes a nice appetizer !
  • melizabird919
    melizabird919 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    http://deliciousbydre.com/healthy-buffalo-chicken-dip/

That's one of my favorites for things like the Super Bowl. Still super creamy but not as heavy as the traditional versions of buffalo chicken dip.