Other MFPers who have Anxiety and Depression? Looking for health AND general motivational buds!

Options
A big reason I'm exercising is not just to get back to where I was before I moved to college, but also to feel better about my mental health.

They say that exercise is supposed to be the best treatment for Depression, and I have GAD and MDD.

Sometimes I get that low mood, and knowing there are others who feel my struggle and are pushing past it would be a great inspiration for me to keep on truckin'.

Please add me :)

Replies

• Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I know your struggle as I suffer this at times too. Will send ya a request.
  • rambunction
    rambunction Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I too have major depressive disorder. Although I don't have general anxiety disorder, my mother does, strangely (or not).

I try to meditate and focus on yoga/walking for exercise for this exact reason. Two birds, one stone.
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I too have anxiety and depression. I will send you a friend request!
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have major depressive disorder too, along with borderline personality disorder. working out has definitely been helping my overall mental state, I've been pretty balanced lately. even just a long walk can be really beneficial for my mood, especially if it's sunny out. I live near an awesome park with trails and a waterfall that's great for just ambling through. and then I got to the gym a few days a week and the routine of it helps me too.
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am also clinically depressed and on tablets for that and anxiety. I would love more friends who understand what it's like and for support through this! I'll send you a request and anyone else is free to add me.