Peanut butter on Ezekiel Bread

Options
DietDivaNYC
DietDivaNYC Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
One T peanut butter on a slice of Ezekiel bread toast. I get the natural peanut butter - the conventional brands tend to have sugar and other additives.

I find Ezekiel bread tasty and the whole grains make it filling, only 80 calories a slice.

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you put banana slices on it, fold it in half, and put it in a sandwich press, it makes it even better. Everything melts together and becomes absolutely delicious.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    If you put banana slices on it, fold it in half, and put it in a sandwich press, it makes it even better. Everything melts together and becomes absolutely delicious.

and then add some honey and cinnamon too
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I love PB, banana, and honey sandwiches.

I used Ezekial bread for a long time but can get Alvarado St Bakery sprouted grain bread cheaper, and their flax bread only has 50 calories. http://www.alvaradostreetbakery.com/store_locator/
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Thou must make certain that thy peanut butter hath been blessed as Ezekiel Bread is the most holiest of breads and shall not be eaten with taint.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Toasted sprouted grain bread and peanut butter is heaven.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Use almond butter instead - avoid the cancer.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Pun intended, amirite?
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I love PB, banana, and honey sandwiches.

I used Ezekial bread for a long time but can get Alvarado St Bakery sprouted grain bread cheaper, and their flax bread only has 50 calories. http://www.alvaradostreetbakery.com/store_locator/

I love their flax bread!!!! The only toast I buy..... Mostly eat artisan breads but when I want toast - this is it
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Pun intended, amirite?

Actually, it wasn't. It was before my tea. I'm never witty on purpose before my tea. But it is a good one!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    One T peanut butter on a slice of Ezekiel bread toast. I get the natural peanut butter - the conventional brands tend to have sugar and other additives.

I find Ezekiel bread tasty and the whole grains make it filling, only 80 calories a slice.

Label reading yesterday in the PB aisle. The natural Jif and regular (leaded) Jif had the same fat grams I think, is the sugar less? I ended with Nature's Promise for the Iron. 4% Iron in 2 TBSP. Unfortunately, I need 25 servings to hit the Iron 100% DV. At 210 calories a serving, is 5,250 calories too much for one item?

• DietDivaNYC
    Options
    That would more than blow through your daily calorie limit.

If you're looking to increase iron there are plenty of options like lean beef, sardines, liver, mussels or oysters. Secondary sources include spinach, beans and other stuff I can't think of. It's good to diversify your diet and these foods have added nutrients. I get the PB at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods natural peanut butter. Both are reasonably priced and the only ingredients are peanuts and salt.

A yummy alternative is TJ's multi-nut butter - almonds, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, hazelnuts and pecans. Same calories, though a bit pricier.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll try it w banana, honey & cinnamon!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Thou must make certain that thy peanut butter hath been blessed as Ezekiel Bread is the most holiest of breads and shall not be eaten with taint.

Ah, if only folks would read that bit in Ezekiel where they got the idea for that stuff...
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    (Weigh your peanut butter)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    Use almond butter instead - avoid the cancer.

the what now?!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »

Ah, if only folks would read that bit in Ezekiel where they got the idea for that stuff...

Shhh, the bible is an amazing stealth cookbook. Few realize it; keep it hush hush.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Like, how to cook it?
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    please tell me how regular peanut butter will give me cancer. Along with scientifically conducted studies that support such a claim.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    please tell me how regular peanut butter will give me cancer. Along with scientifically conducted studies that support such a claim.

I think this person is referring to aflatoxins (which can lead to liver cancer), but peanut butter is regularly tested for this in the US. There has never been an aflatoxin outbreak in the US.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Like, how to cook it?

Yeah, pretty sure they don't do that at the bakery.
  • DietDivaNYC
    Options
    I'm sure there are worse things you can do to yourself than eat peanut butter