So Many Reasons to Change My Life! Need friends!

Options
bkg1209
bkg1209 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone!! I'm a 27-year old female. I am about a month into this life change. 10lbs down so far! I am married, have been for just over 4 years. Have an excellent marriage, an okay job. My family cruises every year. I gained about 40lbs BEFORE my wedding.. Lost it a little after.... Then gained 60 back! So... At 5'1 and 231lbs, I have a lot to loose.... Would love to get down to about 150lbs, and maybe lower. I am breaking my big goal into smaller goals as so not to get overwhelmed. I have 280 days until our next cruise, which will also be my 5 year wedding anniversary. I would love to lose as much as I can before then. I have been eating mostly the same things as usual, just in smaller portions. I do Zumba for exercise. The treadmill bores me. I like doing Zumba because concentrating on the moves distracts me.
I could improve on my logging methods by being more precise in measurements, weighing food instead of using ounces and cup measurements. I have my scale out on the counter now.
One thing I struggle with is eating fruits and vegetables. I have some complexes about vegetables. I like meat and carbs and dairy. And sweets. And fast food.
I don't keep soda in my house, I don't buy junk. (even before making my life change). My diary is currently closed but I may be persuaded to open it.

Replies

• bkg1209
    Options
    I just need friends to help keep me accountable. I log in daily and comment on statuses. Feel free to add me!!!
  • Trixie568
    Trixie568 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Bkg, It is a hard road we have to travel to get all this off our bodies....I am in my late sixty's and have thyroid problems so the weight is hard to take off !! I have been doing this now for about three weeks and have dropped 8 pounds. I have learned to look at lots of different ways to eat...If I can help in anyway please let me know.
    Trixie
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you have made a great start. Keep up the good work :)
  • bkg1209
    Options
    Trixie568 wrote: »
    Hi Bkg, It is a hard road we have to travel to get all this off our bodies....I am in my late sixty's and have thyroid problems so the weight is hard to take off !! I have been doing this now for about three weeks and have dropped 8 pounds. I have learned to look at lots of different ways to eat...If I can help in anyway please let me know.
    Trixie

Oh, yeah, I have thyroid problems as well, so I can relate!!
  • bkg1209
    Options
    it sounds like you have made a great start. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks so much for the support!!
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have clear goals and know your obstacles and weaknesses. You're doing a great job already.
  • bkg1209
    Options
    amy13a wrote: »
    You have clear goals and know your obstacles and weaknesses. You're doing a great job already.

What a sweet thing to say! Thanks so much.
    I have learned that you won't always be MOTIVATED. Motivation comes and goes. But, if you are DETERMINED, you will find a way to accomplish your goals, one way or the other.
  • bomb_887
    bomb_887 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Keep your head held high. Feel free to add me
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Best of luck -- you know what to do, now it's time to buckle down and do it! Together, we'll all tackle this weight! :)
  • rlf6x2
    rlf6x2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.