Almost 40 lbs lost since giving birth 4 months ago

Options
I don't have before and afters yet, but will get some up when I hit my first goal (3 lbs to go). But I wanted to pat myself on the back because I've lost 12 lbs since starting MFP, with a total of almost 40lbs in 4 months!

I got up to 177lbs with my first baby and had a c-section at the end of February. I wasn't able to start working out until 6 weeks postpartum, when I probably weighed about 155lbs+ or so. I've had my ups and downs, but eating right (most of the time) and staying as active as one can with a newborn, I've been able to get down to 138lbs! I cannot believe I'm in the 130's and my goal of 135lbs for July 15th is going to be totally attainable! I definitely need to throw in some more crunches because my stomach muscles are still pretty weak, but I just started running (and walking with my new jogger) again after a very very long hiatus, last Monday and I know that I'll definitely lose the rest of my weight because of that. Running has always gotten my whole body in the best shape possible and it's such a HUGE stress release for me=0)

Thank you MFP for holding me accountable and for all the friends and people who have offered their constant support and encouragement! Only about 15 lbs to go!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!

Replies

• janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    The picture I have for my profile (I'm on the left) was roughly a month ago and since then I've lost almost 6lbs total.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant with my 4th and i am hoping to keep the weight gain to a minimum and your story shows me that there is hope to lose it quickly after the baby is born. Congrats on the baby and weight loss.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Im still trying to lose my baby fat after having my 1st son........19 years ago!! :wink:
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    You look wonderful! Definitely inspiring. I'm still trying to lose my weight from baby #4 6 months ago.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done a great job! You give me hope for after my 2nd is born in November to finally lose the weight!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats to you! You have worked super hard and you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!