Over 50, lets make it fun!

Options
Natasha8890
Natasha8890 Posts: 25 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Looking for friends over 50 with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour to join me on my wellness journey!

Replies

• GrandadRugRat
    GrandadRugRat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends over 50 with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour to join me on my wellness journey!

Hi Natasha. Add me and we could motivate each other. Only just started this myself and have lots to lose. So let's start this.
  • deblinda411
    deblinda411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Deb from sunny Florida. I'm trying to lose about 40 lbs which isn't easy for me. I'm 65 and was fit a few years ago but I've become a sloth in my old age. I'd love to meet some buddies to help me get my fat butt off the couch.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Have you looked in the mirror lately? No way you're over 50... Hey, wait a minute.... Maybe that pic is for Throwback Thursday or it's your daughter...

Send me a Friend Request and a copy of your birth certificate and I'll consider it B)
  • archie313
    archie313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'm Karen and I'm in. Am in my mid 50s and have become a slug. A big, squishy, soft-bodied slug. Was a gym rat till I was ~40, how the hell did this happen? But it's time to get my life back. Very happy to be doing this with you. Yay!!
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm Sandi, I'm 55, 56 in February. Got a lot to lose, trying not to look at the big picture. Add me and we'll have some laughs along the way. :smiley:
  • garberct1963
    garberct1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cindy. I'm going to be 53 on the 7th of February and I'm sick of being disgusted with my body. I use my sense of humor to hide how I really feel about myself though and that's not a good thing. I just got back to working out again, but fitness is usually not my problem. Nutrition is!!!!! Let's have fun and lose weight in the process!
  • ss_wilk
    ss_wilk Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm Susan, 58 and sick of being disgusted with myself, too. I started my journey to lose weight a week ago. I have given myself a year to lose 60 lbs. but I also want to be noticeably thinner by April1st for a family get-together. So far, so good.

The treadmill is my only exercise. I am hampered by foot problems, and have postponed this weight-loss push twice due to multiple surgeries to fix the problem. When the pain started to return after the second surgery, I decided to push on anyway, and just walk until I can't anymore.

After only a week, walking for 30 minutes and very carefully monitoring my food intake, I've shown myself that I CAN lose weight. And that is the motivation I need to Keep Going!

I'm happy to join with others who have the same goals!
  • carriesheph
    carriesheph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carrie, 52 and am on a journey to become an overall healthier, happier and better mind set with my body and mind. Add me and we can do this together, laughing all the way
  • EdieSwa
    EdieSwa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Edie, I'm 52 and 2016 is the year that I finally take it all off :)
    I'd love to join you on this journey!!!
  • RhondaSebas
    RhondaSebas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm 51 and have over 100lbs to lose. In my early 20's, I ran 5 miles a day and I was in the Air Force. Now, I'm a couch potato with zero stamina. It's time to make a difference! Let's keep each other encouraged.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm fifty one and have been on this journey before. Lost all the weight and kept it off for three years. This past year I've just been mentally beat and didn't care. Gained it all back and then some. I've done this and know I can again but would love some more friends on the journey to get and give support! Please feel free to add me.
  • trimfitlady
    trimfitlady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey when did I turn 56 and overweight? Love to join and be more active and healthy in the future.
  • sndrd49
    Options
    Where were all you 50 somethings on the weekend? Tried to start a challenge for losing 10 lbs in February for folks who have more than a few lbs to lose.......no one joined. Seriously.....no one. It's like throwing a party and No One ShowsUp!! Humiliating and very losery....lol. I wanted to keep it relatively small so that people would interact and chat and support each other, but no one? Sheesh!
  • sndrd49
    Options
    Helloooooo? Is this thing on?...
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am 62, been working on this forever, but relentlessly for 6 months, the loss comes at a frustrating slow pace. I keep my head up and refuse to falter, this round I will succeed even if it takes forever. Keep logging, drink half my weight in water and eating paleo and keep moving every day with silver sneakers and other classes.
  • garberct1963
    garberct1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So the good news is I've actually started using the app and tracking! The bad news is I've gone over my goal everyday so I know why I'm so disgusting, I had a bad day today and actually ate frosting to make me feel better! Yuck!! It didn't work, it just added guilt to my mood. Tomorrow is another day though. Why does this have to be so damn hard?
  • sndrd49
    Options
    Hey Cindy.... we don't know each other, I only know what I've seen in these two little posts from this thread. In both you used the word disgusting....which really jumped out at me. I think half the battle is attitude, corny as that sounds. You have to be in tune with your body, you have to nurture it and take care of it with nutrition and activity. If you are hating on yourself how can you do that? The body is an amazing thing, it will respond when you care for it. Man I sound hippy/dippy here, but I have recently had this awakening myself and so I feel the need to share! :)
  • archie313
    archie313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My best friend is a baker. It's not her job, it's her passion, and she's great at it. She goes through flour and butter like I've been going through spinach and oat meal (not at the same time, that would be gross). As a rule, I shun all the white stuff that races through our GI system and ends up forcing a glut of insulin. And she never tries to push anything on me, but she's so darn cute in her little apron with a plate of her delight de jour and here, you open the wine...what's a girl to do? Answer: I've been giving myself one day/week to enjoy what comes out of her oven. I've been on MFP for about two weeks and have lost ~4 pounds. So far, so good.

Yesterday we had gougeres. Heavenly little puffs of butter, flour, eggs and cheese. They went well with a nice red blend from Washington:)
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 64 here. Started getting "serious" about this weight loss/healthy eating/fitness thing awhile back. Starting weight 265, "Seriously started" 241 on 8/21/15, Current 188, Goal 175. We can all use all of the help we can get. Slow and steady is the way to go. Don't beat yourself up about slips (like the one I had tonight). As Scarlet said; "Tomorrow is another day". I'm here for whomever needs a "dad figure," lol.
  • sndrd49
    Options
    How are you going to be "Dad" to people over 50? Lol