help for a new be!

Options
I am 22 years old. 5'5 and weigh 150lbs my goal is 115lbs. I have never been into fitness really to be honest and whenever I did try to pursue a diet I was very impatient and got discouraged. Just need some advice on how to be happy and successful in my diet!

Replies

• trumpetsarecool
    trumpetsarecool Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and am trying to lose about 20 pounds. I have lost 50 pounds about 8 years ago so I am experienced with weight loss. My biggest tip is that food is the most important component to weight loss. Eat clean and drink LOTS of water. Don't deprive yourself of your favorite foods though. So if you want something from say, Starbucks, then just look up how many calories that food has and try to account for that during the day. Do a good workout to burn calories and give you extra calories later. Good luck!
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My best advice is change your mindset! If you just want to "diet" you will not be able to keep your weight off. You need to change your lifestyle. Aim to get healthier and fitter, to eat balanced meals with everything in moderation. Once that becomes your habit you will lose weight and won't have any problems keeping it off. :)