Back where I started.

Options
In March 2013 I began the journey of weight loss through my fitness pal. Over the Next year and a half I lost 60 pounds the old fashioned way through sensible eating and exercise. Then I got a high stress job and was sidelined by a stress fracture. Today I've gained 40 of those pounds back. today I went on my first walk in months and felt every one of those 40 pounds. It took so long to lose the weight and I'm a bit discouraged at starting over. Help!

Replies

• carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Starting over now beats starting later. Good for you taking the first walk today and doing something. Dont be discouraged.
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Way to go for taking that walk. One day, one hour, one meal, one lb at a time. Don't look at the big picture, you can only control right now. Good luck, stay strong!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I was in the same boat not long ago. I had lost 85 a few years ago and gained 70 back. I am back on track and have 37 left to lose.

You can do this, starting over is better than standing still.
  • Gertie011
    Gertie011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I had gallstones and lost 3 stone, after my gallstones were removed I gained 42 lbs over a year, now I've finally woken up to what Ive done, Im also in the process of losing that and more hopefully :0) you do feel silly for having done it to yourself, but whats done is done, and at least its never too late! Good luck to you.
  • michaelaeryn91
    michaelaeryn91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I was doing great gym and healthy eating wise. Then in the winter work got hectic and after that I was sick with bronchitis. But logging back into MFP is a big step forward. YOU GOT THIS!
  • tookylove
    tookylove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. 2015 was a rough year on several levels and I chose sugar to help me cope - even though I am insulin resistant and overweight. So now things are a little better in life and I could be working on getting healthy again but my motivation is completely gone and it's so hard to get convince myself to get up and exercise!!!!