Just a thought

Options
I was on my home page and I niticed that the friends i do have only comment on the friends they have had for a while. Not that im getting all emotional or butt hurt. Im just curious as to why do people want to be a pert of my friends but they dont talk to me or help to encourage. I guess im a little concerned I think im should do some editing.

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    yes, edit away! this site is full of people willing to help. So don't waste your time with anyone who isn't. feel free to add me.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I've noticed that too at times. I just try to encourage everyone on my friends list on their accomplishments, but yeah, don't get why someone would friend someone and then not engage with them at least a little.
  • AricAngel
    AricAngel Posts: 21
    Options
    I try to motivate as well. but when i make comments there is no response. It is kind of weird.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i think it happens to everyone, maybe because of simular interests or something. I always try to comment or cheer up every poster on my wall. send me an invite i will send some comments to ya.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    All I want ot say is, I'm so with you on this point! I encourage, but find some don't even acknowledge you! Oh well!!! Also for some reason don't like to delete those that I have accepted into my 'group' lol: silly or what!!
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    obviously people can't... and shouldn't...be online every minute, but you should hear from "friends" often enough so you know they're still there for you.
  • AricAngel
    Options
    Where were you guys 4 weeks ago?????
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    I try and comment on the things that interest me. If I congratulate on everything then it doesn't really mean as much and the big accomplishemnts. TWO CENTS
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    If I congratulate on everything then it doesn't really mean as much and the big accomplishemnts. TWO CENTS

I don't disagree with that, however, it isn't always about congratulating someone. Encouragement, support and just checking in are helpful too, especially from others who are supposedly in the same situation.
  • AricAngel
    Options
    I agree. I thougth i said somehting interesting in prior postings and didnt get anything but somebody that said keep it up and it really didnt have anything to do with my diet.