Footwear

Options
Hi, this is gonna be a really stupid question but if you don't ask you get no answers!

If your exercising at home does it matter if you do it barefoot or do you have to wear trainers? Obviously it depends on the exercise in question, e.g you wouldn't really need them for yoga/tai-chi... But for more energetic types of exercise such as aerobics etc. are they necessary? Do they prevent injury for example?

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    A lot of people report that they injured their feet or ended up with Plantars Fascitis by doing things like kickboxing and crossfit barefoot. Just get a good pair of crosstrainers to protect your feet and ankles.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I find I have to wear proper footwear now if I am doing a lot of housework (I live in an elevated house with laundry downstairs and concrete floors). Proper footwear makes a huge diff to feet soreness after a day of going up and down the stairs, hanging out washing etc)
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will help prevent injury and more comfortable to do exercise for long time.
  • ejllewellyn85
    ejllewellyn85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, looks like the general consensus is a resounding "yes". Off to the shops we go!