Need some buddies for motivation!!

Options
Hi. New to the board ( well re-new, was here years ago and failed) started about 4 weeks ago, goal is to lose 30-35 lbs healthily. Dropped my biggest addiction, Pepsi and McDonalds. Have lost 8 lbs. so far, motivated at most times and have had the days when I need an extra push. Looking for buddies for motivation and support :) am nice, I promise to reciprocate :)

Replies

• Daphnea123
    Daphnea123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need motivation\encouragement as well, especially with the weekend coming ;)
  • SarahDavis187
    SarahDavis187 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat! Looking to lose 20 or 30 pounds only lost a few so far but have definitely been some positive changes!
  • jenncoulter15
    jenncoulter15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll help support you guys anyway I can. Weight will be a struggle with me, well, forever so it's a day to day issue. You can do it! Take it a meal at a time and remember why you started to begin with! :D
  • mylukeyboy
    mylukeyboy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a support too. I total goal was about twenty and I'm halfway there. We can definitely do this. Day by day.
  • elinor32
    elinor32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheishei! (And everyone else) I've got 20 to 30 lbs to go myself. I've lost and gained it before so finally ready to commit to losing and keeping it off. For real this time, yo.

I gained 20 lbs last year (broke up with my so, my friend lost a battle with cancer, some other crappy stuff happened) and I guess I stopped moving and started eating. Now I'm focusing on finding the good in small things daily, eating right, and working out again.

Would love some friends to cheer on during this journey together by focusing on body positive stuff and being stronger every day!
  • nursecandy75
    nursecandy75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I have been working out 5 days a week. Cutting carbs out and drinking water like crazy. In the past 3 weeks I'm down 13 lbs. Still have a long way to go but I am looking for support too.
    I'm a nurse and work crazy hours which can make it hard to work out.....
  • DSassy11
    DSassy11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse too I can relate. Working nights 12 hour shifts was a nightmare while dieting. I'm now working steady days and find it a little easier.
  • surfingmourir
    surfingmourir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for some buddies for support and to support. I am a previous mfp user and unfortuanately life and a bit of surgery set me back on my goals. I am trying to lose 25 lbs, and have already lost 7 in the last 30 days, but know there is lots of hard work to come. I am adding everyone above, and please invite me as your friend if you are also looking for friends in this weight loss, weight maintenance, and living healthy!
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! Congratulations on quitting Pepsi! That was one of the hardest things for me to do too. You got this!
  • sheishei1023
    sheishei1023 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) looking forward to a great journey with all you guys! :)
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi @sheishei1023 Great job so far! Adding friends on MFP will definately keep you motivated.
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll add you. Anyone can add me. The more the merrier.
  • kjspurr1
    kjspurr1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Feel free to add me :)
  • F0restg1rl
    F0restg1rl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am looking for some support. I have been on and off ands its time to be serious! I log all of my food even the shameful days as I think its best to be honest. Anyhow tomorrow is the beginning of the month and I am ready to go! Feel free to add me☺
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I need the support as well. Looking to lose 60-70 lbs. I was recently diagnosed with Lynch Syndrome, a genetic mutation of a specific gene I inherited that makes me more susceptible to cancer. I have a 20% chance of developing some sort of cancer within my lifetime, so I need to take care of myself to reduce the risk.
  • carriesheph
    carriesheph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add me. Would love the support too! I'm on a healthy and happier life style.
  • carriesheph
    carriesheph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Would love the support from all. Add me and we can all keep each other motivated and on track.
  • kimberlytatgenhorst
    Options
    Feel free to add me ... In Indiana near Louisville Ky...
  • bwaits07
    bwaits07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like... I am on every day