Meal plans

Options
Im stuck on what kind of meal plan to use. Iv tried several but was never able to stay consistent mostly because earing healthy costs a lot. So does anyone have some advice on how I can fix this

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you are already eating/like but eat in moderation to meet your calorie goal. Weightloss doesn't have to be all kale and grilled chicken breast :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It doesn't cost a lot, and doesn't require any special food. Work out your calorie goal, and eat what you like to fit that goal. Bulk up meals with veggies, fresh or frozen, and maximise your calories by using lean meats where possible.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Eat whatever you are already eating/like but eat in moderation to meet your calorie goal. Weightloss doesn't have to be all kale and grilled chicken breast :)

This!

Pre log your day to fit in whatever yummy things you like!
  • little_minions
    little_minions Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also had the same problem at the beginning. I'm a student and on budget. But i wanna live healthy, clean and at the same time also try to lose some weight. Instead of buying fresh veggies, i buy the frozen one and it actually can save more money (besides, it can last long in the freezer). I only buy the fresh one for my smoothie and i always find alternative to buy cheaper vegetable/fruits (for instance, because here in Germany spinach is more costly and kale is rarely to find, i buy lamb lettuce (corn lettuce) instead. It is cheaper than spinach or romaine lettuce). If i'm lucky, i sometimes find fruits on sale. :p
    And as for the protein, i choose mostly eggs and canned tuna. (but once in awhile i also buy chicken breast). One of my fave menu is cottage cheese with banana! It's also rich in protein, cheap, and delicous! :wink:

So far, ive been doing clean eating for about a month and only spent about €40-50 for 4 weeks grocery shopping.