Weight watchers and 5:2 ultimately failed me -now trying old fashioned calorie/exercise counting! :)

Options
Hi,

I am British, 27 years old and currently weigh 197lbs! :(

I have been this weight before and through the 5:2 diet I managed to get down to 160lbs in just over 6/7 months. I then clearly got too cocky (fail!!), stopped fasting and the weight piled back on right back to where it was when I started (and a little extra if I am honest) ! I did try weight watchers briefly last year and whilst it was successful for a time I did not enjoy the whole weight watchers points plan - it wasn't really for me.

Anyway, now I am back and I would like to lose weight slowly but steadily and "change for life" (don't we all?). I plan to count calories via MFP and generally up the exercise a bit. I am enjoying running at the moment and I am aiming towards being able to run 10k by the end of Feb (I've roped my mom in to join me for post work runs in the evenings).

For the next three weeks I am also going to aim to cut out alcohol to see if this will jump start some weight loss.

I would love to have some MFP friends so if anyone is in a similar position to me and would likewise like another friend - then please do feel free to add me! I intend to post food / exercise every day :)

Thanks for reading and, generally, if anyone has any tips for me they would be very gratefully received!!

Many thanks,

Abbie

Replies

• daizee_x
    daizee_x Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've added you :)
  • abbietaylor1
    abbietaylor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks Daizee_x - looks like we have v similar weight loss goals!
  • AmyWhitty
    AmyWhitty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have just this week started MFP from ww. I wanted to track eveything that goes in my mouth with regards to fruit and veg to see if it helps my weight loss. I'm saving 200 cals a day for the weekend so I can have some wine and some treats. Good luck x