ginalu59 Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Me too!
  • TrishAndGirls
    TrishAndGirls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Better late then never! I'm in!

I am a 25 year old my of 3 children, 5, 4, and 2, and I want to lose weight for them! I work and tend to come up with general excuses to tell myself I don't have time or can't exercise more or become healthier. My daughters want me to get down on the floor and play with them when I get home from work(9.5-10 hrs 4 days a week) but I always feel so exhausted and get tired easily because of my weight as well as the day at work.

I have been big all my life, but after having my second child I let myself go big time, and every time I try to workout and choose healthier meals, something always comes up, like apts, classes, work, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc and the daily stresses regarding money, bills, aches and pains, etc.

But maybe with your stories and encouragement, I can do this after all!

SW: 228(says my scale this morning which means since I've been working on my fitness and healthier eating I've lost 13 pounds(water weight I'll assume as its only been 2 weeks!)

Want to lose 5 pounds by the 20th, but looking to keep losing from there to get to my goal weight of 150.

I'd love to meet some new people on here, especially anyone with a similar lifestyle, starting weight, goal weight, and want a new friend as well! Good luck everyone!
  • geemommy22
    geemommy22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Better late then never! I'm in!

I am a 25 year old my of 3 children, 5, 4, and 2, and I want to lose weight for them! I work and tend to come up with general excuses to tell myself I don't have time or can't exercise more or become healthier. My daughters want me to get down on the floor and play with them when I get home from work(9.5-10 hrs 4 days a week) but I always feel so exhausted and get tired easily because of my weight as well as the day at work.

I have been big all my life, but after having my second child I let myself go big time, and every time I try to workout and choose healthier meals, something always comes up, like apts, classes, work, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc and the daily stresses regarding money, bills, aches and pains, etc.

But maybe with your stories and encouragement, I can do this after all!

SW: 228(says my scale this morning which means since I've been working on my fitness and healthier eating I've lost 13 pounds(water weight I'll assume as its only been 2 weeks!)

Want to lose 5 pounds by the 20th, but looking to keep losing from there to get to my goal weight of 150.

I'd love to meet some new people on here, especially anyone with a similar lifestyle, starting weight, goal weight, and want a new friend as well! Good luck everyone!
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done on all your losses so far guys and gals - you are doing fantastic. I'm weighing in again tomorrow, but don't feel confident - I've been working long hours and feeling very tired so not as much exercise, and meals have been quick and easy rather than cooking properly with lots and lots of veg. Need to change this for the week ahead if I am to lose another 5lbs before 20th Feb. Welcome to all the challengers and good luck. we are all here to support each other. Happy Slimming.
  • trimfitlady
    trimfitlady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What is more important- meeting calorie goal or protein goal for weight loss.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Just saw this. I wanted to lose exactly 5 lbs. I started on January 29 at 123 lbs.

This morning I weighed 119.6.

I have lost 43 lbs but had gained the 5 lbs on vacation.

Back to logging everything to get back to goal.
  • Khushrav
    Khushrav Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The weigh day will be on Wednesday. This challenge looks to have caught good steam and it does not matter when you have joined or would you be able to shed 5lbs; the key is to be aware and to be honest and real to yourself. Results will come for sure.
  • Khushrav
    Options
    What is more important- meeting calorie goal or protein goal for weight loss.

Both are important but eating the right food with all necessary nutrients is critical. Just a protein diet may not be the best suited since the body needs carbs and fats too in the right proportion. Remember, weight loss is not the same as health.
  • trimfitlady
    Options
    Current weight now 145.6 lost 1 lb
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Just saw this. I wanted to lose exactly 5 lbs. I started on January 29 at 123 lbs.

This morning I weighed 119.6.

I have lost 43 lbs but had gained the 5 lbs on vacation.

Back to logging everything to get back to goal.

Weight this morning- 119.4 lost .2 lb in 3 days.
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    SW-260
    CW-257

3 out of 5. 2 to go!!
  • trimfitlady
    Options
    Oops weight now 146.6 lost 1 lb
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    118.4 - down another lb. only .4 to go.
  • Khushrav
    Options
    currently at 164 lbs, down by 3. with 10 days to go for the challenge, i'm confident to crack it.
  • delgph
    delgph Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cw: 134.8 down by 0.4 lb. Stuck here from last 4 weeks.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Weight this morning 118.6 - just .6 lbs left to go. But had a nice early Valentine's dinner tonight. Wine, sea bass and some cheesy risotto. Also two bites of chocolate mousse. Yummy. Not overboard and stayed within my daily calorie goals. But maybe more sodium and fat than I use at home. Tomorrow's weigh-in will tell.
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bad week here. Lost 4lbs and was well on my way...then lost all motivation and have regained 2. Never mind, back on the wagon today and still a couple of weeks to shift those 3lbs!
  • Khushrav
    Options
    Tomorrow is a big monthly weighing day. Good luck to all and pls pls put your progress on this forum