positive friends & any christians?

Options
hello! im looking here to find some encouragement on my weight loss journey! im looking to lose about 20-50 pounds. my highest weight was this summer around 160 and ive been bouncing around the 140s and 150s. i want this year upcoming year to be different!

also, i consider myself a very supportive person and im ready to root you on too!!

now, i know this isnt Christian mingle haha but i am a Christian and Jesus is a VERY important part in this journey which meanssss i will probably be talking about Him alot and itd be great if i had some friends that are Christians too (-:

i also feel like its important for me to note that in my past i have dealt with bulimia and i have my bad days (rarley but they do happen) but i am definitely going strong with recovery.

very excited to start this journey!!

Replies

• kaylenjjohnson495
    Options
    Hey! I love Jesus too! Just as you, He is a big part of this journey and He is my everything. I'm committed to encouraging you as you encourage me!! Add me!
  • anthlilley
    anthlilley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both. I'm a Christian, but don't attend church apart from the choir I sing in (we practice there) I'm here to get a little fitter and loser a bit of weight but generally happy and always supportive feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Fat2FitAnimechick33
    Options
    Hello! My name is Natasha, I'm a Christian too. I love Jesus! I'm a mother of two. I'm looking to lose 100 pounds. I'm starting my journey on Jan 1st, you know the whole new year new me stuff lol. I hope we can encourage each other on our weight loss journey. God Bless you both.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    There are few groups here that might interest you and help you connect with like-minded MFP users. Welcome to the site!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/378-christian-support-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3288-we-are-made-to-crave-lets-get-fit-4-christ
  • kristidove
    kristidove Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Looking for Christian and non Christians as well. We are to be the light :) God willbless our efforts. 2 or more in agreement :)
  • beacon1961
    beacon1961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian too. Was praying last night for His guidance to help me have an eagle eye on what I eat so I lose weight slowly so it stays off for good. Blessings to all.
  • MissIssyy
    MissIssyy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.! I was actually excited to see this community on here today! I'm Christian! & yes girl! Let's be a light. Stay blessed!
  • tjsax0303
    tjsax0303 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great! Was really excited to see this post!
  • lydiamariev
    lydiamariev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in my amazing savior, Jesus Christ! I'm looking to lose about 25lbs. I've been on a 1200 calorie lifestyle change since 2/2014. Felt like the pounds aren't melting off anymore until I recently read a blog that was posted on My Fitness Pal home feed, mentioning that I would need to pinch my calories more. Yikes! Starting that today. Good luck everyone. Pray for the Lord's guidance and seek him in all you do. ❤
  • ShrinkingSloth
    ShrinkingSloth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. The only thing equal to Faith in my life is commitment to my family. Please, anyone and everyone who sees this, add me. Just don't send a blank friend request, LOL!
  • vickikreisson
    vickikreisson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian! Great to read this thread!
  • JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Double AMEN all day! Feel free to add me. Always glad to help :)

Hebrews 10:25
    Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just saw this thread. My name is Susan, I am trying to lose about 55 more pounds. I started this journey on January 6. I have used MFP before and lost over 100 pounds. I gained most of it back. This time I want to lose it and keep it off! I am a Christian. I am an encouraging person and at times I need encouraging also. We can do this with God first and the support of Godly friends!
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this thread. Please feel free to add me as well. Would love to encourage and be encouraged!
  • LisaG7615
    LisaG7615 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Very happy to see this. I am looking to lose between 20-30 more lbs. I'm definitely looking to do this journey with like minded individuals for encouragement and motivation. All can feel free to add me. :-)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a Christian, if not the sort people typically picture. I pray at home rather than church and I have liberal views.
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's always encouraging to know we have Christian brothers & sisters on MFP! God wants us to be good stewards of these earthly bodies while we have them
  • doingit4mygirls2016
    Options
    hello! im looking here to find some encouragement on my weight loss journey! im looking to lose about 20-50 pounds. my highest weight was this summer around 160 and ive been bouncing around the 140s and 150s. i want this year upcoming year to be different!

also, i consider myself a very supportive person and im ready to root you on too!!

now, i know this isnt Christian mingle haha but i am a Christian and Jesus is a VERY important part in this journey which meanssss i will probably be talking about Him alot and itd be great if i had some friends that are Christians too (-:

i also feel like its important for me to note that in my past i have dealt with bulimia and i have my bad days (rarley but they do happen) but i am definitely going strong with recovery.

very excited to start this journey!!

Hey I am a Christian and I too need to loose weight before october. I am looking for a friend also that can help encourage me to loose 100lbs
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Raised catholic but now worship at home. I believe in a higher power guiding me. I'm active on MFP and love reading/supporting other's progress.
  • tammyeatwell
    tammyeatwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im a Christian, and i have struggled with eating disorders in the past..would love some support