Why do some baby carrots taste bad?

Options
So I am sitting at my desk eating some baby carrots and all of a sudden... One of them tastes HORRIBLE!!! Does anybody else ever get this? I swear there's always one carrot that I have to spit out. Why? They don't look rotten, but boy they taste nasty...

Replies

• Reverie09
    Reverie09 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG! I have always wondered the same thing! I don't have an answer but I'm glad I'm not the only one lol!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    so eating baby carrots right now and wondering the same thing- freaky! haha
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    so eating baby carrots right now and wondering the same thing- freaky! haha

Lol that is freaky! I brought a whole bag to work with me today because the new lady in front of me munches on cheetos all day. I thought the baby carrots kinda sound and look like cheetos so I'd give them a shot lol!
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That's why I stopped buying baby carrots!!! I buy old-school carrots, peel them, & cut them up myself. I think they taste better.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Some are baby-CUT carrots and are rinsed in chlorine.

Yuck.

Rousseau baby carrots are always sweet and fresh. :)
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Hmmm very interesting! I have the actual baby carrots though they don't seem to be soaked in any chlorine, but I did buy the petite carrots once and did not like them, this is probably why, yuck!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Some are baby-CUT carrots and are rinsed in chlorine.

Exactly. That's why we don't do baby carrots; we peel and cut up large ones.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Not all baby carrots are in fact baby carrots...some are big carrots cut to look like baby carrots..
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    It's the chlorine solution they are soaked in to preserve them, yuk !
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    umm I'm gunna start making my own for now on... yuck.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    That's why I stopped buying baby carrots!!! I buy old-school carrots, peel them, & cut them up myself. I think they taste better.

I do too!!! This isn't why I stopped buying baby carrots though...I stopped because the whole carrots are cheeper and if I have to take the time to peel them, wash them, and cut them..wellll..I usually don't eat as many (and you have the added benefit of feeling like a giant bunny..but that may be the Kindergarten teacher in me! ha!)