Loved to make some Bristol, UK friends.

Options
LNPurdie
LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
14 Stone 4 pounds (200lbs) headed for 10 stones which was what I weighed when I got married in 2007. I want that body back.

I was well on my way after I first joined MFP but I keep falling off the wagon! I am convinced if I log honestly everyday, good bad or ugly and forgive myself for the "ugly" days instead of quitting, I might stick with it. I even wasted a years membership at Fitness World never actually going!

I used my Christmas gift-cards to order a "Fitbit which will arrive tomorrow! I hope that gets me motivated.

My husband and I are in the process of relocating back to Bristol from Manchester and it would be great to establish some support in Bristol. Maybe somebody to meet up for a dance class, zumba, walk the dog.....

47-year old female, American Ex-Pat

Replies

• angelaharris62
    angelaharris62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not near Bristol, but we could support one another via mfp. I've just sent you a friend request
  • joeyjo12
    joeyjo12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm in Bristol & i also got married in 2007 :smiley: I've just started using mfp again today, after a failed attempt 7months ago. I'm hoping now my youngest son is breastfeeding less I'll be able to go without a lot of the high calorie snacks i was reaching for to get me through the day! I'd like to lose around 10lb-1st. I'm 29 in a couple of weeks & feel i want to slim down, otherwise this time next year will be depressing! I want to feel & look fit when i turn 30! X
  • dazkeirle
    dazkeirle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Taunton here but close enough :)
  • LNPurdie
    Options
    joeyjo12 wrote: »
    Hiya! I'm in Bristol & i also got married in 2007 :smiley: I've just started using mfp again today, after a failed attempt 7months ago. I'm hoping now my youngest son is breastfeeding less I'll be able to go without a lot of the high calorie snacks i was reaching for to get me through the day! I'd like to lose around 10lb-1st. I'm 29 in a couple of weeks & feel i want to slim down, otherwise this time next year will be depressing! I want to feel & look fit when i turn 30! X

When I was 29 I wanted to loose 10 pounds. I wish I would have listen to my body before it hit 200!

• beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bristol getting back on the MFP wagon after falling off (and on and off again) want to lose 3st, didn't get married in 2007 tho ;) x
  • chemprof1
    chemprof1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not in Bristol currently, but will be there for a few weeks in July for work. It would be fun to establish a long-distance support group and then meet up when I get there. I'm currently in NC (eastern US). I was in Bristol for a little over a week last July - it was a great city! Among other things, I really loved going running in the Downs and along the gorge. And the walk up Park Street and back to Clifton was a nice hike, especially as I often stopped for a half pint of cider along the way. :smiley:

I've been on MFP for awhile and had some success, then maintained and have since backtracked a bit but am moving foward with renewed focus in the New Year!

Anne
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    chemprof1 wrote: »
    I'm not in Bristol currently, but will be there for a few weeks in July for work. It would be fun to establish a long-distance support group and then meet up when I get there. I'm currently in NC (eastern US). I was in Bristol for a little over a week last July - it was a great city! Among other things, I really loved going running in the Downs and along the gorge. And the walk up Park Street and back to Clifton was a nice hike, especially as I often stopped for a half pint of cider along the way. :smiley:

I've been on MFP for awhile and had some success, then maintained and have since backtracked a bit but am moving foward with renewed focus in the New Year!

Anne

Hi Anne
    I work on Clifton downs should really make the most of my lunch times and go for a jog or walk at least lol
    There's a bar on the waterfront that sales all the cider you could dream off lol
  • LNPurdie
    Options
    Very encouraged to have some new enthusiastic MFP buddies. Hopefully with the added support, we can push each other. My husband and I are relocating back from Manchester, and hoping to settle in Severn Beach because its quiet and has direct train links to the city centre. I love shopping shopping in Clifton, and was thinking I could couple it with some sort of exercise. Watching Strictly Come dancing makes me think perhaps Zumba, or a dance class?
  • chemprof1
    chemprof1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    chemprof1 wrote: »

Anne

Hi Anne
    I work on Clifton downs should really make the most of my lunch times and go for a jog or walk at least lol
    There's a bar on the waterfront that sales all the cider you could dream off lol

Sounds pretty wonderful! There were so many places on the waterfront I wanted to try...too much to do in a week!

• Carisimo
    Carisimo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! My fitbit just arrived today and I'm just linking it with Myfitness pal now. Would love to have some Bristol based pals. I work at UWE on the outskirts of Bristol and any motivation to lose 20 pounds would be great!
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hi

im in glasgow - feel free to add me x
  • claresbiz
    claresbiz Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm in Bristol (Staple Hill which is east Bristol) I've just got back into MFP and my husband and two kids... I used to be really into fitness when kids were young but I took it too far and got low body fat, led to pneumonia then took time off... I've got rheumatoid arthritis and few years ago diagnosed with hip displasia so awaiting hip replacement... Don't think I will be up to exercising with you but I can do dog walking a we have a year old Border Terrier that needs walking :)
  • Convivial85
    Convivial85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bristol feel free to add me xx
  • SJay271
    SJay271 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Berkshire but have family in Bristol and love it there. Also have a Fitbit so feel free to add me x
  • JustF___ingDoIt
    JustF___ingDoIt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not in Bristol but UK. I too do well then fall off, feeling very determined to make this time my last!

Feel free to add me all :)