Any safe home exercise to lose weight for scoliosis people?

Options
Hello..

I'm 24 y.o and i have scoliosis. Recently, i've been trying to lose some weight and therefore i also try to do exercise at home such as low impact cardio and easy yoga for beginner. But i still wonder whether these exercises ive been doing so far are safe enough for my backbones or not, because sometimes i also include push ups, sit ups and chrunches, leg raises, squat, burpees, as well as streching. I just don't want to worsen my scoliosis.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions perhaps?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you should be seeing a doctor about what kinds of exercises you can do and what could worsen your back. Regarding losing weight, that's all about changing what you eat and reducing calories.
  • AlexaAdkins
    AlexaAdkins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How severe is your scoliosis? I have it as well but don't have many issues doing exercises. Exercise won't make your scoliosis worse, most doctors actually recommend exercise
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    you should be seeing a doctor about what kinds of exercises you can do and what could worsen your back. Regarding losing weight, that's all about changing what you eat and reducing calories.

Agreed weight loss is about what you eat.
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    First study SI joint for possible cure for your scolisis. I have that too and it mostly makes squatting deep painfull on my right groin (spelling). Deadlift sometimes makes legs spasm. Bench press is ok with lower weights but sometimes lower back gets spasms with very heavy sets. Pull ups and chin ups no problems. Consentrate on getting your core mucles stronger.
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For home pistol squats work too. Start with negatives as they are pretty demanding.