need exercise advise

Options
:sad: I need to lose weight but have 4 kid so I do not have a lot of time to exercise any advise?

Replies

• stephenie7
    Options
    :sad: I need to lose weight but have 4 kid so I do not have a lot of time to exercise any advise?
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time either and feel the same way, but have found something that REALLY works for me! Do you have comcast cable? If so, on on demand there is exercise tv which features exercise videos ranging from 10 min. to 45 min. I can do the work outs at any time and I LOVE them all. Also, if you don't have comcast, many of the same videos are downloadable at exercisetv.tv along with a two week exercise program! It is fantastic!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    if you can spare 20 mins then i would try Jullian Michales "30 day shread" workout.
    I did it today for the first time and i loved it. And like i said it is only 20 mins but its REALLY intense.
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I will agree to that! That work out is INTENSE! You can download it at exercisetv.tv
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    How old are your little ones? Can you take them outside and get active with them?? Little ones can travel by stroller and bigger ones can ride bikes while you power walk. If they're older you can kick a soccer ball around with them - you'll get a lot of running in that way! Or try finding a hiking trail near you. Though you'll be going a slower pace with your young ones, you can add in some lunge walks or wear a toddler or baby on your back in a carrier to pump up your work out. Use little ones as weight for things like chest presses or sit them on your belly while you do some ab work. Older children may really like to be included in at-home exercise. Pick up a copy of Oxygen magazine as they are currently running a 3-issue special on at-home work outs that will give you great results. There are lots of ways to get exercise in with little ones around but it does take some thinking outside the box :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    20 minute Shred is good-- there's also a 20 minute Turbo Jam that's good-- you can make the time, and you'll feel so great when you do-- physically and mentally.
  • DelTonious_Max
    Options
    My wife recently discovered 10 Minute Solution's video's and ordered a couple from Amazon. She tried a couple using Netflix instant view and liked them. 10 MS: Carb Burner and 10 MS: Basic Ball Execises I think were the titles.
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Dang! With four kids, I would think you are already gettin' some steps in! Exercise is more for tone than weight loss (although you do burn some extra calories). Caloric intake is what has the biggest impact on weight loss (or gain!).
  • imcrystal
    Options
    Try Turbo Jam........it's honestly the first exercise program I've ever used that I actually look forward to. My kids even join in sometimes because the love the music. I never get bored and you start out slow and work your way up. You can really get a great workout in a short amount of time. My husband is a Beachbody coach - and you can find a lot of success stories with the various products they put out. You can visit his website at itpays2getfit.com.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot of lifting with a baby. Arms and legs!!! Make it a play time routine 3 days a week.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I have 4 kids too. For a while I also had 2 jobs and the weight was just piling on. Now I'm down to 1 job....still 4 kids, lol.

My older girls like to do my jog with me, which is fine. The youngest tries to go with me but always ends up wanting to be carried. Sometimes I let her come, sometimes she has to stay home.
    I think it all comes down to support from hubby. If my husband wouldn't watch her while I was out jogging, I wouldn't get much done. He also keeps them away from me when I'm on my exercise bike.

My nexy hurdle is exercise videos cuz they all like to participate and it's very distracting. Not to mention I don't want them watching me!
  • eulila
    eulila Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Charter cable has the same On Demand feature that comcast does. Its nice.
  • mamamouse
    Options
    We have been doing some Wii fit at my house. Even my little girl (3 years old) set up a Mii and she does running and hula hoop. It is a nice way for everyone to get in some activity during these cold snowy days. We just take turns with the activities. Then when the kids are doing an activity you can get in some more minutes. The bonus is that you don't even have to put on a workout outfit as long as you are wearing something comfortable. My son is too little to do the Wii (18 months) but he dances and runs around with us. Great activity for the whole family!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Maybe if they are just the right age -- not too young, not too old to be uncool -- you could grab up a dance aerobics vid and have them join in! Nothing like a family dancing in the living room to give everyone exercise and giggles!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I take my son out for walks. He's 13 months old so I can push him in his stroller. He loves it, he gets out of the house & see's all kinds of fun thing (he loves seeing cats lol) & I get a work out in also. I love it cause it's something we can do together.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    A Wii Fit could involve all of you!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Maybe if they are just the right age -- not too young, not too old to be uncool -- you could grab up a dance aerobics vid and have them join in! Nothing like a family dancing in the living room to give everyone exercise and giggles!

OH! My daughter does that all the time! The only issue is it throws off my concentration then I am not working out as hard.... So I usually have to boot her out of the room.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Pop those workout tapes in.. My kids sometimes do them with me. I love The Firm www.thefirmdirest,com or Jari love get ripped series at target or amazon .com.

Alisha:happy:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've got six kids, and it can be done.....join a gym with free daycare, i know my gym offers it, look around see what's out there, make exercisde a family affair, go rollerblading, bike riding, if you have little ones still at home, put em in a stroller and power walk, put your home stair to use, running up and down em, do power squats with weights while your watching tv, do sit ups during commercials, skip rope, sneak off after hubby gets home, and go for a jog, learn to play tennis, go for a swim...my gosh the possibilities are endless when you really want to do it. A friend of mine goes to the library and while her little ones are doing story time, she wears ankle weights and wrist weights and power walks around the building!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 2 kids and I know it is difficult 2 get a workout in if they are underfoot. I second the gym idea. Check with your health insurance provider...you might be able to get a discount on a membership. That is what I just did and I am loving it! Nothing beats free childcare and an hour or so to myself. Otherwise, try working out after the kids have gone to bed. That helps me unwind at the end of the day and I know I won't be interupted. If you are more of a morning person, try to get up before the kids and get a workout in then. Sadly, that whole wake up at 5:30 am thing has never worked for me! lol