Soreness after a workout

Options
RCKT82
RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
I've noticed when I switch my routine I don't feel my peak soreness until 48 hours later...I did my leg burnout routine yesterday, they're sore today, but I know they'll be much worse tomorrow.

How long does it take for you peak soreness to come into play? 24hrs? 48hrs? More? Just curious....

Replies

• CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 48 hours.
  • jamiefire7
    jamiefire7 Posts: 50
    Options
    Same with me. About 2 days later I am DYING!!! After that it is all uphill :)
  • marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Same here, 48 hours. Well done on your progress btw, great stuff.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great results pics! I hope to have some of those one day! Right now I am just walking!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    24 to start feeling sore
    48 for peak soreness
    I LOVE that feeling!
  • kimberc
    kimberc Posts: 7
    Options
    The worst for me is always two days later! Seems to be the concensus!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    24 hours - start to feel sore

48 hours - peak soreness

Depending on how hard I've pushed myself - I can be sore for up to a week afterward (it, of course, gets better as the days pass, but it'll still hurt...).
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    usually the third day (workout, skip a day) is my worst. have a sweet potato... or two :-)
    .....and a lot of water lol
  • zunamie
    zunamie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you want to prevent soreness from happening, take cold baths/showers. :)
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I find this soreness- which I agree is at a peak 48 hours later- really gets in the way of me working out more. Perhaps little and often is the way to go for me to build up to bigger workouts, as I'm out of shape.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Arms and calves right away, I don't feel anything in my back until almost three days later. Everything else, usually two days.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    DOMS usually starts in 15 hours and lasts until 48 hours for me (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness)....

If I start working out again after a while I take Beta-Alanine which is a precursor to carnosine. Works amazingly well to decrease soreness...