pregnant trying not to gain!

Options
So I lost 75lbs last year. I had another mfp account but it got to cluttered and so I'm starting fresh. I'm 21 weeks pregnant with #2 and I'm trying hard to follow the recommended weight charts and not gain to much. I was binging a lot in the beginning.

Any other pregnant mommas here?

Replies

• jordon5799
    jordon5799 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wish! Ugh #babyfever #whywon'thubbyjustgivein #oneisn'tenough!

Sorry I don't usually hash tag but I was bored and it made me laugh
  • Aubrey_Montgomery
    Aubrey_Montgomery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lol. I begged too!
  • jordon5799
    jordon5799 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I gained like 60lbs my first pregnancy.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant. That ship has sailed. #sigh

I ate very smart when I was pregnant. Luckily for me...I had two gfs have babies before me. They gained 72 and 65 pounds respectively. The first girl had such a hard time, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia...the works. The second girl did better but had a hard time taking it off. Those were lessons for me.

I ate very very well....mostly very healthful foods....more calories of course. Be sure you are eating ENOUGH. But in the end, I gained 32 pounds start to finish. I didn't deprive myself, but I didn't go to hell with myself either.

To me...when you are pregnant that is the best time to treat yourself RIGHT!!!! :)

Congratulations!
  • Aubrey_Montgomery
    Options
    Lol. I had pre e and diabetes with #1 too. But I also started off 40lbs heavier than I am now. I've gotten better at logging again just to make sure I don't go to crazy. I work I. A restaurant so it was getting bad.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Does your dr. talk to you about what is a healthy gain and how much you should be gaining for your BMI? I would talk to him/her and make sure you follow how they want you to gain. I'm 30 weeks today!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Focus on getting good nutrition, enjoy pregnancy, and don't fret the added weight!
  • ashschick24
    ashschick24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and are are trying for our third and I am TERRIFIED to gain weight. I am in the best shape I have ever been in and the thought of gaining weight is scaring me so much that I almost don't want to have another. Bad I know but I can't help it. I've been overweight my whole life and I am now at a point where I am comfortable with my body and don't want to have to start all over again. I guess you could say I am in the same boat.
  • MegaLoveBird
    MegaLoveBird Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Only 7 weeks pregnant over here, but it's definitely something I've thought of. I gained @65 pounds with my first baby, I also started out 20 pounds lighter than I am now. I know better than to indulge in EVERY craving, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Congratulations and good luck to all you mommies!!
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    well not pregnant now, but i have had 4 babies. i gained more weight than recommended with 3 of them. the one i did not, i only gained 25 pounds. 3 of the pregnancies i had all day morning sickness for all 9 months and could only eat very limited foods or it'd come back up (which it did a lot any way). my second pregnancy was wonderful no morning sickness so i ate a balanced, healthy diet and walked every day. i also did not crave sweets or junk food (thankfully!) with that pregnancy like i did with the others. with the other 3 pregnancies, i was so sick i could hardly make lunch/dinner for the other kids-my last pregnancy my oldest who is now 6 would make sandwiches for himself and his siblings if there was a gab between my hubby and my mom being with me-let along do something like go for a walk.

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot with my pregnancy and am still working off the weight. Remember that breastfeeding helps you drop the weight too. Focus on a healthy baby first! Log your foods, eat the most nutritional food as possible and talk to your Dr about the right amount of weight gain. After baby you can join mama walk groups and take the baby for a walk. There's mom and tot swim groups too :)
  • Aubrey_Montgomery
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    I gained a lot with my pregnancy and am still working off the weight. Remember that breastfeeding helps you drop the weight too. Focus on a healthy baby first! Log your foods, eat the most nutritional food as possible and talk to your Dr about the right amount of weight gain. After baby you can join mama walk groups and take the baby for a walk. There's mom and tot swim groups too :)

Lol! If only. Breastfeeding with my first made me gain weight. I was hungry all the time and just ate whatever was in the closet. ;) I was like 40 lbs up after 6 months. But that was just poor choices! I'll be smarter this time.