Feeling fat :(

Options
5'7 150lbs BMI 23.5 pretty healthy set of numbers. But today I feel as fat as when I was 185lbs. Nothing seems to fit and I just felt really frumpy. I know I would like to get down to 140lbs and the scales haven't moved much in a while despite careful logging (you can read my diary) and I'm a bit disillusioned today.
I'm just looking for a little encouragement please...

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has days like that every once in awhile. Maybe try taking a picture of yourself today and comparing it to a picture of you before weight loss.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    We all have fugly days. It will pass
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Believe me, some days I feel like I have gained back the 72ish lbs I've lost all in one night! Sometimes my clothes make me feel like a huge tub of lard and I feel like my gut pokes out for days. But I have to step back and tell myself that those feelings will pass! Think of it this way: What are your options when you feel gross? You can either quit making healthy choices and feel WORSE or you can chug some water and push forward. I can guarantee you that in the long run you will be thankful that you kept going! We all don't feel 100% all of the time. Without the bad days you wouldn't appreciate the good as much!

Good Luck. ;)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    hormones are mean
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    How has your sodium been the last few days? That will do it for me.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you've been measuring as you go along. On those down days, I pull out my journal and compare my measurements from a year or 2 ago. It never fails to lift me up out of a slump.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Bizzarrini wrote: »
    5'7 150lbs BMI 23.5 pretty healthy set of numbers. But today I feel as fat as when I was 185lbs. Nothing seems to fit and I just felt really frumpy. I know I would like to get down to 140lbs and the scales haven't moved much in a while despite careful logging (you can read my diary) and I'm a bit disillusioned today.
    I'm just looking for a little encouragement please...

Are you close to starting your period? I know that when I say "ugh, I feel fat and blobby," my husband will pat me on the shoulder and say "It's all going to be okay in a few days, just like every month." And then I will say "oh shut u--oh frickity frak, you're right." And he is. Two days later and I'm fine.

(My sympathies btw, I'm in the same spot today :()
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 30 pounds, probably 10% body fat and added a decent amount of muscle.. I was looking the mirror the other day and my love handles just seemed bigger. It really bummed me out. I know I have made great progress, but yes I think everyone has days they feel fat!
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. I look at my weight chart a lot and I know I am still steadily losing (5 pounds in January). I think it must be my mind playing tricks - hormones ARE mean! I haven't been able to go to the gym for most of the month because I have been ill, so maybe that's why I feel gross too. Will feel better when I get some lovely exercise hormones coursing through me!! :))
    Keep going everyone. xx
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    we all have those days.