Quick easy breakfast suggestions?

Options
Hey guys! I saw a nutritionist on friday and hes said that i need to be eating protein and a little fat in the mornings so i was wondering if you guys have any yummy healthy quick breakfasts ideas! I do wake up at around 4/430 in the mornings so if it can be eaten on the go thats awesome but i am willing to try anything! Thanks in advance !

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and a protein shake would be quick convenient and easy. Just be sure to measure the peanut butter with a food scale :)
  • believeandyoushallachieve
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Thank you :)
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties are pretty decent (I try to stay away from processed food, but my homemade sausage isn't as good when I make it lean, so these work for me). They're 50 calories each. Serving is two patties for 100 calories. I usually pair it with a scrambled egg or two.

Greek yogurt? Get some that isn't fat-free if it fits into your calories. It tastes better and I think it keeps me fuller longer because of the fat.

Protein drink? Either add PB as someone suggested or also eat a slice of toast (or banana) with PB.

• KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg is easy too--you can boil a few in the evening and in the morning they are ready and waiting. yogurt is great also-esp greek yogurt.
  • JennyTor1
    JennyTor1 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not an on the go, but my weekend breakfast is usually 2 poached eggs (done in the microwave; 1 min 25 secs in a plastic egg cooker in a 1100 watt microwave) with some sauteed veggies and turkey breast. If you want quick, though, just the two eggs with some cheddar cheese melted on top--which is super fast to make and eat--will give you about 17 grams each of fat and protein.

See this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZOJW8ph8U Except you don't need to add water or puncture the yolk. Just be prepared from some popping sounds as the eggs cook. That's normal.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been doing a probiotic vanilla yogurt cup (110cals), an apple (weigh for cal), and a sweet and salty peanut granola bar. It's around 330 cal depending on the size of the apple, but I find the combo keeps me full for a considerable amount of time. Plus you can take all 3 on the go! ~9g fat, 7g protein. You could probably up the protein by eating this with a shake or replacing the regular yogurt with greek!

My usual go-to breakfast if I have at least 10mins to make/eat is 100g of greek yogurt (usually vanilla), 27g granola, 10g mini chocolate chips, and 70g blueberries. I LOVE using strawberries but I hate frozen ones, so that's seasonal. But thawed blueberries work quite well and makes it such a pretty purple color :) ~12g protein, ~12g fat, ~390-400cals.

I find that smoothies and shakes just don't keep me full and bananas upset my stomach :( Even though I love them, I developed some weird intolerance to them.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every morning - Brownberry sandwich thins with 2 slices of full fat cheese melted on. I am not very hungry in the morning, but can't go without something. Carbs, fiber, protein, and fat keep me going until lunch.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Most days, I'll have a glass of soy milk about 6am then a snack midmorning of an apple, an ounce of nuts, and some raw vegetables. Half and half with my morning coffee or tea (note: the soy milk I take for my prostate cancer, I'm well aware of the negative aspects).

When I'm more ambitious I'll have eggs and bacon, avocado, salsa, high fiber bread. In the past I'd have a smoothie with soy milk, protein powder, water and ice cubes, and either some berries or half a banana but lately I've been just having the soy milk. I save the protein powder smoothie for a snack after dinner.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like Good Food Made Simple brand frozen egg white patties (35 calories per piece, ingredients are egg whites, whole milk, non-GMO corn starch, sea salt, and pepper. 6g protein, less than 1g fat, 2g carbs). Pop it in the microwave for one minute and toast ONE Eggo waffle (or store-brand eggo substitute, 90 calories). Half a tbsp of butter (50 calories) on the Eggo or a slice of cheese (70-90 calories) on the egg whites for fat, and you're off to the races with an awesome balance of protein carbs and fat for around 200 calories.

It's my go-to!

Or a whole wheat English muffin (around 140 calories) with 1tbsp peanut butter (95calories).

OR Special K Protein cereal (160 calories for 1 cup) and milk (90 - 130 calories, depending on your preference, soy, dairy, or almond). Not much fat, but it's crazy fast and delicious.
  • believeandyoushallachieve
    Options
    You guys ! Thank you! All of these sound so good!! I seriously am going to try all of these!!! Thank you very much !
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Make a muffin tin full of mini-quiches...add whatever you want. Freeze indiviually & pop in the microwave for a quick bite, add some fresh fruit on the side.
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just mentioned this in a post but i always eat toast with peanut butter, cut up banana, and honey on it. it has protein and fats AND its just amazing.
  • AlanahBeez
    AlanahBeez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on whole wheat English muffin :)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Make a muffin tin full of mini-quiches...add whatever you want. Freeze indiviually & pop in the microwave for a quick bite, add some fresh fruit on the side.

This. I make bfast casserole muffins. Frozen hashbrowns thawed- sauteed with some chopped onion, topped with chopped canadian bacon, sometimes some chopped veg, egg, cheese and bake. YUM!

Freeze. reheat and go.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my usual breakfast.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Every evening, I usually core and cut up an apple into 8 sections. Then, I use peanut butter to stick it all back together. Wrap it up in plastic wrap, throw it in the fridge and it's a great on-the-go breakfast in the morning. The peanut butter also seems to prevent the browning of the apple.
  • OzarkLady76
    OzarkLady76 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    2 slices of turkey bacon & 2 egg whites cooked in microwave and put on 2 pieces of low cal toast for a quick to-go sandwich. I hate the taste of egg yolks, so that's why I use the whites only.