Lose weight at home!?

Options
Who here has lost weight by doing exercises at home!???

Replies

• Resarocks15
    Resarocks15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have by using exercise bike, walking, jogging, arm weights and videos
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is at least 80% eating habits / 20% (at most) exercise.

Find some form of exercise you enjoy. That will help make you more consistent. Maybe even continue it after the weight is off. There is tons of stuff on-line to choose from. For all around fitness choose both cardio & strength options.

I like Jessica Smith TV (on youtube).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have.

Where you do your exercise doesn't affect how much you lose.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i used to play the Wii DDR and burned hundreds of calories at night in my living room, i lost a lot of weight on that dance pad - combined with a proper diet.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 30 pounds just watching what I ate and working out at home. I have a couple of dumbbells, a bench, and a treadmill my wife got from Craigslist for $75 that she never uses. I don't even use the weights anymore, I've switched over to a body weight workout. 3 days/week body weight workout, 3 days/week treadmill (C25K program).

Calories in will dictate most of your success, the workouts just help speed it up and will make you look that much better as the fat melts away. You'll have a nice shape underneath to flaunt as you progress! ;)

You can do it! Good luck!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all in the kitchen.
  • AlexaAdkins
    AlexaAdkins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kayla Itsines bikini body guide is an excellent guide for at home workouts, eventually you'll need small Dumbbells but most other things can be substituted. Amazing results
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty well I try to exercise 4-5 days a week but the same routine is getting old so I think I'll look up videos thanks everyone
  • amandadunwoody
    amandadunwoody Posts: 204 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Fitnessblender on YouTube is awesome. Diet is obviously important, but I believe what most of us want even more than to lose weight is to be healthier/get in shape. Exercise is more beneficial to our overall health than eating like a rabbit for 6 months. I'm sure that if you set goals along the way and use MFP to track progress and stay accountable, you will be successful!
  • OzarkLady76
    OzarkLady76 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have never used a public gym. I lost 30 pounds once eating 1500 calories a day & walking uphill on a home treadmill for 30 minutes a day. Got sick & gained a lot back. Treadmill wore out. Now I'm using a recumbent bike & Total Gym at home.

A person can lose weight without ever going to a gym if they're motivated. Having a buddy to help with accountability makes a difference. Good luck! :smile:
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've lost 124 pounds and AT LEAST half of that was done just by counting calories and walking on my treadmill at home.

I have tons more confidence in myself now and LOVE to exercise outdoors or at a gym.
  • Kfrase83
    Kfrase83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be done. I have lost weight at home, you just have to find something that works for you, and stay committed to it on a regular basis - Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Also, MFP helped a lot, too.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I have. I don't really have the option of going to a gym. I walk at the park and I use a yoga dvd and do some free weights at home.
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have also lost about 40lbs at home. I find I am more motivated that way. I used to pay the gym and never go. I use fitness blender YouTube videos 5-6 days a week. I am also three weeks into c25k app. You just have to find something you enjoy. Fitness blender is completely free and they tell you roughly how many calories you burn and have a variety of videos in different lengths, skill set, equipment and cardio or strength.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the appeal of a gym. A bunch of machines I wouldn't know how to use anyway, and a bunch of people watching me sweat? Not interested! I prefer to do any and all exercising in the privacy of my own home (and preferably when no one else is home too). We actually have a ton of equipment at home that really helps too. We have a treadmill (it's seen more use in the last month than it has in the last 4 years!), and we have a squat rack, bench, free weights, and power tower (although it just seems way to big for little ol' me). Workout DVDs can be a fun and difference challenge and generally require little to no extra equipment. If you don't want to purchase them, see about checking them out from the library.

Really no exercise equipment is even needed at all...look up bodyweight exercises/routines. It can all be done at home!
  • richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to love going to the gym, but I started working out at home about a year ago. I figured it would save me a bit of money and I would go back to the gym, once I stopped doing it consistently. I have found I really like it. I can get my workout done much faster and can schedule my time better. I do bodyweight HITT work outs and have a few dumbells for some arm exercises. Now I am looking at using the gym money saved to make the workout room a bit nicer.
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I lost weight by doing YouTube workouts, mainly Jessicasmith tv, pop sugar fitness and fitness blender excercises. I have gone from uk size 14 to 8 in one year.
  • melissavangulck287
    Options
    I love working out at home! I never set foot in a gym. I've lost all my weight at home, reached my goal doing 21 Day Fix and Cize and am now working on maintaining, strength and toning. It's not just about the workouts though, it's also about the food!
  • Yellowon02
    Yellowon02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work out entirely at home ... :) with much success.

You have to get creative with your weights. I own some but not enough ;) I have a pull up bar, treadmill, jump rope.
    And true you don't HAVE to work out to lose weight. But why would you?! As you gain muscle you will have a faster metabolism (more food!), weight training lowers your chances of developing osteoarthritis and you will look WAY better in bathing suit AND you will have more energy and confidence as you see yourself getting stronger.

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yup. I pretty much hate the gym. I only go there to swim because of my back.

I'm a huge fan of hula hooping (look up hoop dancing on youtube. Fun, and a great workout). I do it while watching tv- it's now a rule. Criminal Minds is on? Get ready for 45 minutes of cardio!
    I own resistance bands in all kinds of sizes and resistances. I pick up new ones whenever I see them on cheap sales. (someone else mentioned FitnessBlender, and they've got some kick-butt resistance band workouts.)
    I have dumbbells with weight plates, and when I feel I need to 'graduate', I just pop down to our used sporting goods store and pick up some used ones.