Feeling like poop

Options
So I been doing Insanity & c25k since Jan 1st
I've also been watching what I eat to the point that for the past week I have meal prepared and put meals in fridge so I'm not tempted by my family's meals.
My meals generally consist of eggs/chicken/beef/brown rice/sweet potato/loads of greens like kale/cabbage/Brockli/sprouts/spinach etc
But since Jan 1st only lost 4.5lb I started at 14st 11.5 lb I'm now 14st 6.5
I have lost a bit of inches as took progress pictures I got bit less back fat and belly fat is going down a little.
Is there any more I can do?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's no 'only' - 4.5lbs in a month is a good weight of loss.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yes -- have patience! Keep on keepin' on. You say that you're watching what you eat - to what extent? Are you weighing and measuring everything that goes into your mouth? If not, that's something you can do to ensure the most accurate calorie counts. If not, ask yourself what Shaun T would say.... "come on, let's gooooooo!" A 4.5 lb loss in a month is pretty darned good. JUST KEEP GOING!!!!!!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You've lost 4.5 pounds. You've lost inches. You're expecting miracles? You're doing fine. A pound a week is a sustainable, healthy rate of loss. Calm down. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you shouldn't expect to lose it overnight either.

What will you do when you reach your goal? If you're not approaching this as a permanent change (i.e. attention to nutrition and regular exercise), you can expect those pounds and inches to pile right back on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I gained when I did insanity - so I would suggest using other measurements of success along with a number on the scale.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your loss rate is good.

How much are you eating per day? How tall are you?

I've never done Insanity but my understanding is that it is fairly intense. Doing that plus C25k plus cutting calories could simply be exhausting. It may be that you need to tone down the exercise a bit and accept a slower rate of loss in order not to burn out.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Your loss rate is good.

How much are you eating per day? How tall are you?

I've never done Insanity but my understanding is that it is fairly intense. Doing that plus C25k plus cutting calories could simply be exhausting. It may be that you need to tone down the exercise a bit and accept a slower rate of loss in order not to burn out.

Just to add...when I first started counting calories, I, like a lot of people, started with too aggressive a weight loss goal (2 lb/week). I found that I was TANKING all of my runs and workouts because the calories were too low. At a less aggressive weight loss rate, I had more energy. Something to consider. Also, open your diary. People can look at it and give you suggestions to tighten your logging.
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good steady loss, well done.